Chief Enterprise Risk Officer
- Boston, MA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- MFS Investment Management
- 20 sept. 17
MFS Investment Management is seeking a Chief Risk Officer who will set the strategic risk management vision for the organization. The ideal candidate will be charged with implementing and coordinating the Enterprise Risk Management architecture for the company. This person will develop enterprise risk management tools, practices, and policies to analyze and report enterprise risks, and to manage risks according to an enterprise risk management framework. They will ensure the organization's risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations, standards, and strategic imperatives of the organization, as well as oversee or monitor all operational risk management activities.
This person will also Chair the company's enterprise risk management committee which oversees the enterprise risk management process and ensures alignment with organizational objectives. This position is also responsible for Insurance and MFS's vendor risk management program.
• In collaboration with the Legal and Compliance Department, the Internal Audit Department of MFS and the various MFS business units, develop, communicate, and maintain Corporate policies and programs directed at management and mitigation of risk. Oversee all insurance requirements related to MFS’ business.
• Assess MFS' compliance with Risk Programs. Provide MFS Management, MFS Board, the Common Board and the various MFS funds' Boards with assessments of, adherence to, and effectiveness of risk management policies and programs.
• Provide leadership, direction and vision for the risk management function within MFS, including advising and ensuring that the risk management programs adequately address MFS' global structure and are appropriate to the span of business risk.
• Establish risk based measurement and reporting metrics including risk limits and exception reporting for MFS Management and MFS Board.
• Provides MFS Management, MFS Board, Common Board, and the various MFS funds' Boards with reports and programs directed at early warning and risk identification, including analysis of new emerging industry or regulatory issues.
• Act as the principal liaison with the Enterprise Risk Officer of Sun Life, MFS' parent company, to manage all risk related work deliverables due from MFS to Sun Life, such as providing quarterly risk assessment updates, facilitating compliance with operational risk mandates, and participation on various working groups.
• Keep current with new global regulatory requirements and industry best practices ensuring appropriate implementation and application at MFS. Actively participate in industry initiatives and working groups, representing MFS' best interests. Implement and monitor new risk management policies and procedures where necessary.
• Interact and communicate frequently with senior management across MFS, the MFS Audit and Risk Committee, the Compliance and Governance Committees of the Funds Boards with an ability to (i) understand business needs and opportunities (ii) assess and articulate regulatory risks associated with existing and/or new business activities and (iii) provide a framework to enable well informed business decisions relative to regulatory risks. Determine an effective approach to early involvement in new product development activities.
• Manage the design and operating effectiveness of MFS and the Funds' insurance programs, and assess and identify opportunities to mitigate the enterprise-wide (firm, fund and legal entity) risk exposures and the underwriting of insurance policies within the MFS insurance program.
• Manage the design and operating effectiveness of MFS's Vendor Risk Management, Fraud Mitigation and Model/End User Risk Computing programs.
• Manage the hiring, training, establishment of performance standards and monitoring of performance of staff. Ensure the professional development of staff, including the establishment of goals and objectives, communicating regularly on performance issues and the development of career pathing opportunities.
• Bachelor's degree minimum or equivalent combination of education and experience in the investment management industry. Advance degree is a plus.
• Minimum of 15 plus years of audit, compliance, risk management or related experience. Strong risk management experience in financial services managing employees and operations across a large multi-national organization.
• Superior relationship management skills with demonstrated ability to partner and build professional relationships in a cross functional and global environment.
• Strong analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Expert knowledge in risk management topics.
• Experience in risk analysis, advisory and mutual fund operations is preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and be able to implement, execute, exemplify MFS’ business culture with limited supervision.
• Robust project management and coordination skills and the ability to implement new processes across an organization.
• Positive attitude and solid management skills, including the ability to lead and motivate staff and provide meaningful and regular performance feedback.
• Sound judgment in determining when to escalate issues.
• Ability and flexibility to work effectively with a diverse portfolio of people, process and functions.
• Ability to interface with various functions in an international matrix structure
• Self-managed, self-motivated, and used to operating in a demanding, changing environment.
MFS® is an active global investment management firm that has been helping investors pursue their long-term financial goals for more than nine decades, beginning with the establishment of America's first mutual fund. MFS offers a complete selection of financial products and services to address investors’ varying needs over time — as well as the needs of the investment professionals we work with every day. Further, we know the value of diverse perspectives in the workplace. That's why we invest in our employees to enable them to grow with the company. We offer benefits that help our people meet not only their career goals, but also their life needs, including backup childcare, flex-spending accounts, and tuition reimbursement. In addition, employees are encouraged to spend time helping their community and supporting the organizations and efforts that MFS champions,including City Year Boston, the Pan-Mass Challenge and Horizons for Homeless Children.