Your personal and professional
growth is our growth. #TheSantanderEffect #WeAllDeserveRespect
Sr. Associate, Communications Req ID: 2002937 Date posted 09/16/2020 Sr. Associate, Communications - 2002937 Description Corporate Communications designs, influences, implements and monitors the strategies for communicating the company's vision, values and business strategy. Administers and plans communications to engage employees on strategic business imperatives and organizational direction. Identifies, synthesizes, and articulates the company's perspective and issues accurately to employees. Provides ongoing support and communication advice to company leadership to ensure consistency and alignment with established organizational principles, business objectives and media strategies.
The Sr. Associate, Corporate Communications is responsible for providing strategic communications consulting, writing, project management, and oversight for the Consumer & Business Banking (CBB) line of business that meets budget and business objectives, for a wide variety of communications projects. S/he builds and maintains knowledge of CBB’s operations, goals and initiatives and provide subject matter consulting on communication projects. The incumbent also ensures appropriate information distribution systems are in place and works with internal staff in training/production and fulfillment/web team to ensure that staff are aware of finished communications and that communications are added to inventory. Duties and Responsibilities
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Develops and executes internal communication plans to support the Consumer & Business Banking line of business that maximize impact and effectiveness. Produces supporting communication materials, including key messages.
- Provides editorial support for the ongoing management of public corporate web site, Intranets and new web initiatives, including content development, design, navigation and usability support.
- Conducts research, writes, edits and proofreads materials and collateral, ensures clarity, accuracy and timeliness of information that meet strategic and operational objectives.
- Monitors and evaluates results of communications programs, using specific metrics to track progress and insights for continuous improvement.
- Collaborates with communications team members and business partners to develop messages that resonate with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Actively contributes to editorial planning, suggesting content ideas and appropriate project timelines.
- Identifies the proper channels to reach target audiences.
- Works with contractors, consultants, design firms, and production houses to finalize media that cannot be produced in-house.
- Proactively seeks guidance from stakeholder specialists to determine potential consequences of messaging strategies.
- Participates in content compilation of internal communications vehicles, including newsletters, All Hands, email announcements and presentations.
- Uses surveys, media and online tracking, and other listening techniques to develop a holistic view of how stakeholders feel about relevant company issues.
- Builds a deep understanding of Consumer & Business Banking objectives in order to tie communications work directly to desired business outcomes.
- Advises leaders regarding projects, processes and procedures requiring communications.
- Takes into account competing and changing priorities, resources, and time demands to produce plans that are realistic and achievable.
- Proactively raises concerns regarding possible project management roadblocks and provides solutions.
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent field or equivalent work experience.
- Master's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent field. (preferred).
- 9-12 years of experience in a professional communications role.
- 9-12 years of experience in Public/media relations or social media.
- 9-12 years of experience with copywriting, editing and marketing strategies in particular, online strategies and search engine optimization.
- 5-9 years of Web development experience including content production.
- 5-9 years of experience of CMS systems such as Wordpress and Drupal, Photoshop, InDesign and video editing.
Job : Corporate Communications Primary Location : Massachusetts-Boston-75 State Street - 06366 - State Street-Corp Organization: Human Resources (8590) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Sep 16, 2020, 9:29:13 PM
- Excel in a matrix environment in close collaboration with global communications domain experts.
- Meets with communications team members to share best practice ideas and develop a greater understanding of overall communications strategy.
- Consistently works to develop greater expertise with digital tools and to improve writing skills.
- Demonstrates project management and executes projects in a timely and effective manner.
- Builds relationships with business partners to achieve a greater understanding of different business functions and goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- Life-long learner; thirsty for knowledge and curious.
- Quick learner with resilience, speed and grace under pressure.
- Creative, proactive and enthusiastic; willing to take smart risks and lead initiatives with confidence.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, fiercely committed to quality, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously switching between them as required.
- Empathy, emotional intelligence and cultural sensitivity.
Share this job
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Work in Boston
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and you'll receive news, updates and alerts for the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the “” poster and supplement and the
to view the California Privacy Notice. Need assistance? Contact