Data Literacy Program Lead
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
As a member of the Data Strategy & Governance department, the Data Literacy Program Lead is responsible for building a strategy and framework for promoting data literacy throughout the enterprise to help stakeholders achieve their data-driven objectives.
In this role, you will design and develop world-class data and analytics learning experiences, specifically for our Investment Data Management program, and other data-related training needs. Training topics may include: reading, writing and communicating data in context; understanding data sources and constructs, analytical methods and techniques; use-case application of data and resulting value; as well as data governance, stewardship, ethics and privacy. This role will help to increase awareness and adoption of these training offerings as well as the enterprise data strategy.
Reporting to the Director of Data Strategy and Governance, this position will ensure that all standards, guidelines, practices, and metrics are defined and followed across the data strategy and literacy initiatives. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Responsible for the advancement of the Enterprise Data Literacy strategy and framework, including development of an engagement model for stakeholders.
- Define, monitor and track Data Literacy KPIs.
- Assess data literacy levels across the enterprise to measure improvement over time.
- Coordinate training programs on data and tool usage, ensuring a coordinated approach across business units. This includes designing and implementing a range of data and analytics related training programs and workshops for various target audiences.
- Develop online and in-person learning curriculums in support of business priorities and evolving data needs.
- Engage with technical and non-technical audiences to understand their priorities and related data skill needs.
- Contribute to creating awareness and adoption of data strategy and literacy initiatives, programs and training across the company (newsletter, communities of practice, presentation materials, emails, etc.).
- Create graphic assets for training and communications materials.
- Help with organizing the enterprise data literacy initiatives, priorities, roadmap planning and contributing to budget discussions.
- Support Data Governance (Data Quality and Stewardship best practices) including delivery of online and in-person data governance trainings from course design to participant management and course evaluation.
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred. In lieu of a degree, 10 or more years of relevant experience may suffice.
- Minimum of three (3) or more years of work experience in the Financial Services Industry. Understanding asset and investment management business concepts, practices and business domain language. Understanding the business data including structure, ownership and use within an organization.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills with the ability to deliver content to diverse audiences, including senior management, technical and non-technical personnel.
- Excellent writing skills including creating new content and editing others work.
- Prior experience in curriculum development as well as training program delivery.
- Results Oriented and focused on quality and continuous improvement, with an enthusiasm for identifying and developing creative solutions.
- Proven strength in teamwork, collaboration and relationship management.
- Proven ability to apply a strategic perspective to the development of a framework, roadmap and communications plan.
- Working knowledge of data related topics including Data Management, Architecture, Structures, Governance & Stewardship, BI & Analytics, Automation & AI as well as the tools and technologies leveraged within each.
- Program management experience desirable.
- Basic understanding of UX/Design methods and techniques is desirable to collaborate with design/development teams in creating communications and visualizations that are easy to work with and support the activities required by the end users.
MFS currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except employees who are entitled to an exemption from vaccination as an accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.