Director, Big Data Technology
- Boston, MA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Fidelity Investments
- 25 nov. 17 2017-11-25
Director, Big Data Technology
At Fidelity, we love to use data and analytics to personalize incredible customer experiences and develop solutions that help our customers live the lives they want. As part of our digital transformation, we have significant investments in innovative big data capabilities to support our customer obsessed culture and growing data science practice. We are looking for a hands-on data technology leader that can help us build our next generation, cloud enabled data ecosystem.
This position will be based in Durham, NC.
The Expertise we're looking for
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required.
- 10 years of Software delivery experience with 5 years in implementing Big data solutions
- 2 years of experience in developing Big data applications in Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Extensive experience in Object Oriented Programming (Java, Scala, Python), data movement technologies (ETL/ELT), MessagingTechnologies ( ActiveMQ, Kafka), Relational and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Spark, Solr, Elastic search, Graph database), Hadoop ecosystem (Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, HBase) , Stream Processing (Flink, Storm), API and in-memory technologies.
- Strong knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed systems using Open source technologies
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker)
- Solid experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM)
The Purpose of your role
Director, Big Data Technology in PI Customer Data Technologies will lead multiple teams to design and develop highly available, scalable and distributed data platforms using open source frameworks to process high volume, high velocity and wide variety of structured and unstructured data. This role is also responsible for driving innovation, prototyping and recommending solutions in Big data and analytics space. Additionally, collaborate with key partners in the adoption of emerging technologies.
The Skills you bring
- Strong execution skills in a fast-paced environment using agile methodologies.
- Capability to run and support mission critical customer facing platforms and applications.
- Proven ability to inspire confidence, create executive presentations and guide strategic discussions with senior management.
- Extensive experience in Big Data Ecosystem technologies with hands on experience implementing data ingestion, storage, processing and publication solutions.
- Expertise in open source streaming products, Microservices and Message Oriented Middleware, Stream processing, Master Data Management, Data Lake, Deep Analytic technologies, BI Reporting and Analytics.
- Thought leadership for designing end to end data engineering solutions using a variety of data processing patterns: Lambda, Kappa, Event Driven architecture, Data as a Service, Polyglot persistence, Domain Driven Design, etc.
- Strong foundation in data analytics, data engineering and support of statistical model development (SAS, R, Python, etc.) and model scoring.
- Excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization
- Ability to understand and adapt to changing business priorities and technology advancements
- Strong team player and able to mentor and lead multiple teams
The Value you deliver
- Designing, Building and supporting mission critical applications to provide the best customer experience
- Exploring new technology trends and leveraging them to simplify our data ecosystem
- Driving Innovation and leading the teams to implement solutions with future thinking
- Collaborating with internal and external teams to deliver technology solutions for the business needs
- Guiding teams to improve development agility and productivity
- Resolving technical roadblocks to the team and mitigating potential risks
- Delivering system automation by setting up continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines
- Acting as a technical mentor to the team and bringing them up to speed on latest data technologies and promoting continuous learning
How your work impacts the organization
Customer Data Technology in PI supports the platforms that enable business users to collect and analyze the customer data needed to provide the best customer experience.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.