Director, Investment Boutiques
- Boston, MA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 20 nov. 17 2017-11-20
Director, Investment Boutiques
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Wellington Management's investment teams are designed and organized as a collection of 46 independent boutiques, comprising of over 350 investment professionals in Boston, Radnor, London and Hong Kong. The team collectively manages more than $850 billion in a variety of investment products across equity, fixed income and multi-strategy portfolios for over 2,100 clients in more than 65 countries.
The Investment Boutiques' leadership team is responsible for ensuring Wellington has a world-class global investment platform with excellent investment results, capabilities, talent and products to meet the evolving needs of clients now and in the future. We are seeking to add a Director to join our leadership team to focus on working with a subset of investment teams and lead initiatives that will benefit our investment boutique platform. S/he will act as a steward for those independent investment teams while also working as part of the leadership team to unify the platform, provide consistency to benefit the firm and broad "client," connect the dots across teams, take a long term view and ensure the platform is flexible and adaptable to changing client needs and market conditions. This position is based in Boston.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited, to the following:
Investment Capabilities & Talent. Ensuring that we attract and retain the investment talent necessary to meet our clients' investment objectives:
- Building investment teams in which diversity of perspectives and skill is embraced to improve client outcome, including recruiting and playing a key role in attracting, retaining, motivating and developing investment talent;
- Leading and providing ongoing guidance, coaching and feedback for both junior and experienced investment professionals (e.g. helping them have impact by focusing on money making ideas for clients; counseling team leaders on team dynamics; finding solutions to 'pain points;' enabling effective communication and the interface between investors locally, regionally and globally; utilizing firm resources, including Technology, Portfolio Coordination, and Trading;
- Identifying talent needs and gaps and providing ongoing assessment of investment skill/capabilities;
- Managing mid- and year-end performance and compensation review processes; and
- Supporting the continued globalization of our investment platform.
Strategic Planning. Partnering with the investment, product management and relationship teams around the world to provide insight and direction to the team's book of business, and to ensure that the investment team is managing strategies that meet the evolving needs of our clients, balancing both short and long term:
- Participating in new product development discussions globally and across functions;
- Supporting the investment team to connect them with functions across the firm to successfully grow its client base;
- Providing input into customized guidelines and fees;
- Helping manage investors' time to achieve appropriate balance in focusing on generating investment returns.
Investment Performance, Integrity & Risk . Promoting strong risk-adjusted investment performance and ensuring portfolios are taking risks consistent with client expectations and regulatory requirements:
- Supporting the investment team to develop well-articulated investment philosophy and process;
- Helping to provide risk management, fiduciary and supervisory oversight, and regulatory oversight;
- Establishing relevant policies and procedures for each investment team, as relevant;
- Ensuring a successful operational model for each investment process; and
- Managing investment capacity for each team and strategy.
Infrastructure & Support. Ensuring that the Investment Boutiques' management team and each investment boutique have the necessary infrastructure and support to achieve its investment objectives and meet our fiduciary and regulatory responsibilities:
- Ensuring necessary infrastructure and support is in place; and
- Connecting and collaborating with key functional support areas (Trading, Product Management, Quant, Legal and Compliance, IT, Global Relationship Group) and across regions to ensure effective end-to-end investment processes.
The successful candidate will have a passion for investing, demonstrable problem-solving skills and ability to thrive in highly collaborative team oriented environment. S/he will be the utmost fiduciary and be laser focused on helping investment teams deliver excellent performance for our clients. It is critical that the ideal candidate be an empathetic leader with the strongest ability to build trust based relationships with investors. S/he will also possess the following qualifications:
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience;
- Outstanding collaboration and leadership skills; ability to work successfully with very experienced, passionate investors and with multiple functions across the firm;
- Proven experience of attracting, retaining, developing and motivating investment talent and fostering a diverse and inclusive team, oriented towards coaching and delivering feedback;
- Superior organizational skills; ability to manage, prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously; focused on results;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with ability to articulate and integrate numerous viewpoints and mobilize/influence across firm;
- Ability to navigate stressful situations with poise, focused on being a calming presence, active listener and pragmatic problem solver;
- First-hand investment experience, either as an Analyst or Portfolio Manager, would be advantageous; and
- Strong academic credentials; MBA and/or CFA (or equivalent) is ideal.
Director, Investment Boutiques
Investment Management (IM)
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .