The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (FRBB) is administering special lending facilities to support lending to small and medium-sized businesses due to exigent circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This position is responsible for managing and conducting financial analysis, budgeting, and performance assessment for the Main Street Lending Program. This position requires expert understanding and knowledge of accounting and finance,, financial management strategies, and Main Street Lending Program strategies and operations. This position relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and requires flexibility and versatility.
1. Leads financial analyst staff, sets objectives and allocates work assignments. Assesses performance and develops staff. Recommends employment actions.
2. Provides consultative support to business areas, and internal and System workgroups. Provides high level support to the Main Street Lending Program management team on complex analytical and technical issues.
3. Manages the development of Main Street Lending Program operating and capital budgets. Reviews all business plans and budgets. Identifies and resolves budget related issues. Prepares budget reports for senior management. Edits sections of periodic reporting for management, Board of Governors, and Board of Directors.
4. Ensures compliance with accounting rules. Interprets accounting rules and determines impact of accounting changes.
5. Manages the monthly processing of actual expenses. Institutes financial controls, ensures appropriate documentation, and assesses accuracy of data.
6. Manages the production of monthly performance reports and monitoring of actual performance against budget. Provides analysis and interpretation of results. Edits performance narratives for management and Board of Directors.
7. Leads or contributes to special studies for senior management in areas such as the organization's operational effectiveness, operating cost containment, industry benchmarking, etc.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position may be required to directly supervise 1-3 employees.
Knowledge and Experience
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a Master's degree in accounting or finance and a minimum of 7 years of job-related experience.
Demonstrated team management and project management skills.
Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Ability to multi-task and shift priorities on short notice.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.