Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, High Yield
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Wellington (WMC) currently manages $467 billion in fixed income assets on behalf of our clients worldwide. The High Yield - Bank Loan Team manages approximately $41 billion in assets across US, Global and Euro High Yield, Bank Loans, Convertibles and CoCo's. Within our fixed income business, we are currently seeking a High Yield Portfolio Manager to contribute to management of WMC's US and Global High Yield strategies and help drive the expansion of our suite of investment products to be broader, more dynamic and opportunistic. This individual will be a strategic thought partner for the High Yield and Bank Loan platform, collaborating closely with colleagues to drive product development and manage portfolios. They will work closely with existing portfolio managers on portfolio strategy and risk management as well as other members of the Fixed Income team including: analysts, traders, and product managers. Additionally, this individual will interact regularly with clients as an ambassador for the team. QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will possess strong credit and quantitative portfolio management skills. The Portfolio Manager will have at least 10 years of experience in an investment role successfully analyzing and investing in high yield credit.
Additional qualifications for the position are the following:
- Ability to make investment decisions supported by rigorous analysis and communicated with conviction;
- Established track record in high yield credit and experience managing sizeable portfolios;
- Experience as a member of a diverse high yield credit team and launching new investment approaches;
- Ability to dynamically assess and analyze volatile or distressed credits; risk management experience is a plus;
- Independence of thought, intellectual curiosity and an entrepreneurial nature;
- Proven interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment;
- Strong presentation skills - ability to communicate investment decisions and strategy to clients and colleagues;
- Strong quantitative skills, high level of initiative and a true team orientation;
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record; MBA/CFA preferred.
This position will be based in Wellington's Global Headquarters in Boston, MA or our office in London, UK. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, High Yield LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .