Fixed Income Research Analyst - ESG
- Boston, MA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- MFS Investment Management
- 09 oct. 18
BASIC PURPOSE: Collaborate with MFS' analysts and portfolio managers in the development of proprietary, bottom-up and thematic ESG research to drive improved investment decision making and understanding of ESG topics across the global fixed income team. Assess and enhance MFS' core ESG integration strategy and implementation of that strategy. Improve client outcomes by describing our approach, strategy, and examples of ESG integration related to MFS' portfolios.
• Develop unique, action-oriented, company-level investment insights based on ESG trends/topics across all types of fixed income securities (e.g. corporate, municipal bonds, sovereigns, and structured finance).Work with individual analysts and portfolio managers to research, model, and value financially material ESG topics.
Develop thematic, sector-based, and regional ESG research to enable the investment team to integrate ESG topics into their research processes.
• Assist the organization in enhancing MFS's overarching ESG integration strategy as a member of the fixed income and ESG teams.Develop tools, analytic projects areas, and systematic processes to enable more thorough and consistent integration of ESG topics.
• Provide support to MFS' distribution team to enable consistent and appropriate communication of our ESG efforts to clients.Attend client meetings with some of the world's largest asset owners to describe our ESG integration process and share ESG-related examples.
Develop materials and offer presentations to the global distribution teams to enable our client-facing organization to effectively share MFS' ESG message.
Provide training to the investment team on how to engage with clients on ESG topics.
Assist in the development of written client communications, white papers, and other marketing materials.
Enhance MFS' reputation for sustainability within the broader investment industry through conference presentations, press articles, and other opportunities.
• At least 2 years fixed income analysis experience required
• Strong fundamental research skills and clear understanding of material investment considerations.
• Experience developing ESG frameworks and/or assessing risk based on ESG factors
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate research collaboration and communicate across geographies, sectors, and departments.
• Ability to turn individual or collaborative research into clear and actionable insights and deliverables.
• Strong team player who can respectfully challenge teammates while maintaining a good working relationship that recognizes ESG factors are part of a larger investment picture.
• Ability to present effectively in front of small and large groups, both internally and externally.
• Flexible mindset and ability to adapt based on the changing needs of the organization and potential changes in ESG trends and topics.
• Willingness to occasionally participate in later evening (e.g. 9-10 pm) or earlier morning (7-8 am) calls, presentations, and other meetings.
• Ethical mindset and approach to business and investing.