Head, Payments, Retail Industry
Head of Retail Payments Req ID: 2002020 Date posted 06/25/2020 Head of Retail Payments -2002020 Description
As a member of Santanders retail banking division youll help serve Santanders retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Head of Retail Payments will define the product strategy for Consumer and Small Business Banking payments services, develop a product roadmap and deliver exceptional experiences to Santander customers in the area of retail payments. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in delivering bank payments products and has expert level knowledge of bill payment, wires, debit card, ACH and faster payment rails. Understanding of finance business models, digital experience optimization, and customer acquisition is required. In addition to being a seasoned, well trained professional, the successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with the ability to inspire confidence from, and to collaborate closely with technology leaders and internal stakeholders.
- Implement best practices and innovate new user experiences for payments: Work to identify requirements as it relates to business, compliance and /or regulations that affect the movement of money through the Digital workflow, including ACH (including same day), ATM, bill payment, checks, Remote Deposit Capture (RDC), debit card management, peer to peer (P2P), Real Time Payments (RTP), and wires.
- Provide a unified view of revenue and expenses for Retail Payments and drive successful profit growth through these products
- Maintains a high level of Deposit systems knowledge, including system applications, Items processing and other ancillary applications used by the teams. Also, must be knowledgeable in areas of workflow to realize impact on departments and to assist with problems and make recommendations for change.
- Develop a comprehensive view of Payments risk including Fraud and Operational risks across channels to assess the impact on the Retail business and help prioritize future initiatives
- Own and drive the payments strategy, vision and delivery by partnering with stakeholders and other product managers
- Define, prioritize and groom agile delivery teams backlogs
- Create differentiated payment experiences for customers using design thinking and lean UX principles
- Act as customer proxy/liaison between payment operations, business and the technology team
- Meet customer needs while maintaining technical integrity
- Reduce operational payment risk through innovative technology solutions
- Participate in meetings with Director+ level resources across Ops, Product, and IT
- Create clear and compelling communications and presentations (PowerPoint, etc.)
Key Stakeholder Relationships
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply Qualifications
- Strong partnership with senior leadership teams across Operations, Technology and Consumer & Business Banking.
- Partner with Internal/External Audit, Risk (FLOD/SLOD) and control functions to monitor and evaluate ongoing effectiveness across CBB.
- Work with regulatory functions to stay well-informed of industry best practices.
Job : Product Management Primary Location : Massachusetts-BOSTON-75 State Street - 06366 - State Street-Corp Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Jun 25, 2020, 7:45:56 PM
- BS or MS In Business Management or comparable field of study
- 10+ years of product management or relevant experience as well as record of individual technical achievement
- 5+ years of experience with bank payment products like bill pay, transfers, wires, P2P etc.
- Expertise in defining and building out Product strategy and roadmap
- Experience with bringing together cross functional teams and leading execution in an agile delivery model
- Thorough understanding of digital and mobile payments
- Ability to influence stakeholders with diverse points of view and build coalition
- Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and efforts according to business need and industry trends
- Highly self-motivated and ability to remain calm under intense pressure
- Relevant experience working in retail banking, payments, e/m-commerce, online and mobile platforms
Share this job
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Work in Boston
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and you'll receive news, updates and alerts for the newest Santander roles as they become available.