Head of New Business Integration
The Head of New Business Integration is part of State Street's Global Delivery. Within Global Delivery and Business Transformation, the Client Delivery Management (CDM) improves client experience with proactive issue resolution, drives higher productivity and optimized processes, and plays an integral role in delivering excellent services to our clients. CDM is launching a New Business Integration organization which will
- Act as command and control across Global Delivery and drive effectiveness, establishing a core competency for conversions across sectors and regions
- Ensure all new business aligns to State Street operating model, can be on-boarded successfully, and can be supported at agreed service levels
- Partner with Product and Process teams to establish standards for delivery, approve any deviations and develop a plan for standardization
- Execute flawless onboarding activities across Global Delivery
The NBI organization will support three main objectives: New Business Review and Managing Standards
Conversion Coordination and Control
- Have a seat at the table representing Delivery in RFP discussions from the beginning,
- Minimize risks from non-standard business, ensure custom work is appropriately staffed and funded
- Influence fee concessions through client-based data and inventory of bespoke activities to drive global scale
- Manage end-to end lifecycle of client conversions (discovery, due diligence, design, pre-conversion, conversion and post conversion) and de-conversions for the delivery organization
- Drive standard, consistent, scalable and repeatable approach to enable successful conversions
- Develop increased rigor around project management to ensure timely and high-quality delivery
RESPONSIBILITIES Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Establish a central conversion, parallel operations and reconciliations process to drive towards day 1 quality
- Establish best-practice interaction model, process and governance in client onboardings
CDM seeks a senior executive to lead the New Business Integration organization. This individual will directly report to the Global Head of Client Delivery Management; work closely with the CDM senior leadership team, Global Services and Global Delivery leadership; and oversee all new business review, client conversion, and onboarding activities on behalf of the Global Delivery and Business Transformation organization. The incumbent will also work collaboratively with cross-business client onboarding functions (e.g., fund setup, market opening) to complete client conversion and change processes.
The State Street CDM Head of New Business Integration will have responsibilities within the following key areas: Manage and problem solve conversion risks and issues on behalf of Global Delivery
Lead communication and reporting on behalf of Global Delivery
- Provide leadership and direction on key decision and issue mitigation
- Respond to client questions and conduct problem solving with clients
- Instill a culture and environment of risk excellence
- Continually look for opportunities to enhance the client conversion experience and prevent client issues from arising
Establish the New Business Integration team
- Provide centralized and consistent reporting on all NBI projects
- Lead steering committee meetings and maintain executive dashboard to deliver conversion status update to SLT
- Develop deep meaningful relationships with key client contacts and ensure CDM is viewed as a strategic partner
- Promote State Street's capabilities to clients and identify additional business opportunities
Lead, direct, and manage the New Business Integration organization
- Recruit and on-board a core team of project management professionals to drive success of client conversions
- Focus on development opportunities and ongoing performance appraisal process for direct reports
- Build a culture of first class client service delivery across all aspects of conversion and related services
- Create a scalable organization with capabilities to align with conversion pipeline and initiatives
Qualifications and Experience
- Monitor milestones for client conversion life cycle
- Monitor and report on Global Delivery engagement in sales and business development activities, including fee renegotiations and client re-bids
- Establish and reinforce the use of standard processes, procedures, and operating model
- Manage ownership and accountabilities for teams across multiple disciplines
- Exercise oversight within the department and make sound operational decisions
- Develop technology strategy for key processes
The Head of New Business Integration is a key position and requires senior leadership and advanced skills in areas such as:
- Presenting issues, risks and overall program status to executive levels within Global Delivery as well as at the Executive Risk Committee
- Understanding and identifying themes and trends associated with the broad impacts, benefits and risks associated with various client opportunities.
- Influencing decisions related to onboarding certain clients by challenging risk vs benefit balance; appropriately memorializing evidence discoverable by auditors and regulators.
- Proven ability to achieve results with the persistence and patience to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external constituents
- Managing and cultivating relationships with second line of defense teams in Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Compliance and other ORI teams.
- Networking with other STT Business Units to share best practices and collaborate on consistency across the organization, i.e. participation in Beacon Client On-Boarding Project
- Ability to predict future requirements and synergies with interconnected processes that branch beyond this function to integrate appropriate workflows and controls
- Assess operational effectiveness and implement changes which streamline functions, and ensure optimal service environment and technology utilization
- Providing leadership and perspective in an evolving "change" environment.
- Focus on identification of risk areas and adapt plans to changing circumstances
- Responsible for all aspects related to planning, coordinating and monitoring tasks allocation within client onboarding and conversion team.
- Build internal relationships; works collectively with stakeholders and processing teams to ensure client deadlines, project deadlines are met.
- Develop and implement process improvements, effectively manage change to ensure departmental objectives are met
- Communicate overall project status to clients, open issues, areas of risk and steps being taken in order to resolve.