Intern, Business Intelligence and Investigations
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, consistently provides firms with the professional investigative consulting expertise necessary to resolve conflict through fact-finding and critical analysis. We have conducted thousands of investigations worldwide and have an unmatched track record of resolving disputes and working with in-house and outside counsel to successfully conduct and conclude internal or regulatory inquiries. Our experts help organizations with their critical fact finding when they need to conduct internal investigations or to examine allegations of wrongdoing. Whether or not actual misconduct is discovered, such inquiries, and their aftermath, can pose serious risks to companies and their stakeholders, damaging their reputation, disrupting their business operations and exposing them to government scrutiny, as well as to potential criminal, civil and regulatory liability. Kroll's investigative services and expertise have helped clients successfully resolve investigations promptly and with minimal business disruption.
Interns will develop their research and analytical skills, with the opportunity to carry out the following tasks:
- Perform detailed reviews of subjects’ digital footprints, with a focus on social media content.
- Conduct social media analysis within an agreed framework of reputational causes of concern.
- Assist in carrying out research by using databases, internet and public domain tools.
- Write well structured, logical, and objective reports which present the research in a client focused manner and addresses the clients’ central questions and concerns.
- Keep abreast of current affairs, with consideration for the social media commentary and movements that emerge in response.
- Document and e-mail review and analysis.
- Effectively feedback the findings and analysis to the Case Manager in a logical and structured manner, highlighting key issues where necessary.
- Maintain effective time management to meet client deadlines.
- Communicate with international colleagues as required.
- Organize case files, maintain accurate research records.
- Identify own learning needs and opportunities and continuously seek to improve case-work performance.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor's or Master’s degree in International Relations/Affairs, Journalism, Global Affairs, Regional Studies, Political Science, Law or other related areas of study, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or Management (with a concentration in Accounting, Finance or Economics), a degree focused on complex problem solutions from an accredited university or college.
- Expected graduation date between December 2020 and September 2021
- Major GPA of 3.3.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to master new tasks and industries quickly.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results.
- Strong writing and analytical skills and the ability to communicate clearly.
- Microsoft office skills, with proven experience in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Language skills, while not essential, will be taken into consideration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll/Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability. Primary Location: Work Locations:
Boston (0408) 125 High Street, Floor 30 Boston, 02110 Organization:
Full-time Job Posting:
Jan 28, 2021