This position is responsible for assisting in the performance of audits and other projects.
1. Assist in the evaluation of governance and risks and the determination of the effectiveness of controls regarding the reliability and integrity of financial and operational information, the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, safeguarding of assets and compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
2. Assist in the execution of the approved System and local audit program in accordance with established policies and standards under direct supervision.
3. Prepare clear and concise work papers that document the audit tests performed and the conclusions drawn.
4. Review, verify and analyze transactions, records, reports and procedures for accuracy and effectiveness.
5. Identify and assess the impact of audit exceptions, make appropriate recommendations and present clear and convincing explanations of the issues with audit management and operating personnel.
6. Assist in appraising the adequacy of corrective action taken to address reported audit exceptions as necessary.
7. Obtain and maintain a general knowledge base and an awareness of activities in less-complex areas of assigned liaison coverage, review and analyze pertinent data, and assess the impact of changes.
8. Develop/maintain audit programs and risk assessments for assigned areas of liaison coverage.
9. Provide audit coverage to less-complex system development efforts and other projects.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.