Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Private Equity Investment Specialist's primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Collaborate with senior members of the Private Investment team to perform analytical work supporting the management and oversight of the private equity products (performance/IRR, risk, and portfolio analysis, etc.).
- Provide regular investment risk oversight for a set of private equity funds; prepare and review fund documents, including portfolio characteristics, RFPs and marketing materials to be shared externally with clients and prospects.
- Supporting Investment Directors and Business Developers in sales and relationship management activities, including fundraising, responding to ongoing investor requests, assisting with preparation of Annual Meeting materials and quarterly investor letters.
- Creating innovative and insightful presentation content for current and prospective investors to be shared with clients, senior management, Investment Directors, and others within Wellington Management.
- Participate in meetings with clients, prospects, and consultants to communicate our investment philosophy, strategy, portfolio companies, and performance.
The successful candidate for this position will have strong academic credentials, client relationship skills, demonstrated analytical and writing skills, effective communication skills, a high level of attention to detail, and is likely to have at least 5+ years of experience in a related position. An understanding of asset management, private markets and a solid knowledge of statistics will also be important. Prior experience in a related position, advanced academic work (MBA, MS, etc.) and/or CFA are preferred.
While the Portfolio Specialist will work in a team-oriented environment, many projects will be self-directed, often under intense deadline pressures. Other critical skills include the ability to display sound judgment, juggle multiple priorities, take ownership for work, and resourcefulness. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Investment Specialist LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .