Investments Data Integration Architect
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
In conjunction with the Investment Data Office, the Investment Data Integration Architect contributes to a long-term strategic initiative to unify and harmonize our investment data. This initiative enables enhanced investment decision making, risk management and client reporting for our multi-asset platform by delivering consistent, timely, accurate and user-friendly data to investors, risk teams and clients.
Reporting to the Director of Investment Data Harmonization, the Investment Data Integration Architect is responsible for designing and building the integration flows and services necessary to support data movement between investment data sources and operational/analytical systems. The Investment Data Integration Architect is an expert with deep understanding of integration technologies and architecture who works to model, execute, and manage data integration practices that ingest, transform and provision data across various sources into an organized and unified view. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Plan, execute and manage the integration and access of data across the MFS data assets with an emphasis on investment data
- Work with business, investment data management, and IT teams to understand investment data and integration needs and develop solutions
- Develop standards, designs, and data maps for data integration, developing and modifying functions and services for data ingestion and analysis
- Collaborate with application teams to design and model application investment data structures and integration in accordance with enterprise-wide architecture standards across internal, cloud and SAAS environments
- Track industry trends and recommend enterprise data integrations to accommodate users' needs, business processes, and investment data governance
- Develop and execute investment data test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, and data science / analytics capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in architecture, design and building complex applications. Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA) required.
- Deep understanding of Agile SDLC, DevOps and Cloud technologies required, in addition to exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms, and processing environments.
- Experience in data integration, data warehouse, and data analytics architecture and design principles. Knowledge of and experience with multiple data integration platforms preferred.
- Solid understanding and experience with investment management focused application platforms (Charles River, Eagle, IBOR technologies, and data management solutions).
- Proficiency with Cloud Architecture and computing models (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, etc.) with industry certifications a strong plus. Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing and emerging technologies to evolving business and operating models.
- Knowledge about various architectures, patterns such as unified data management architecture (UDM), event-driven architecture, real-time data flows, non-relational repositories, data virtualization, etc.
- A strong influencer who can integrate effectively into the organization, combining facilitation skills with a results orientation to deliver excellence and execution.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead cross-team collaboration and partnerships across a variety of internal and external constituencies.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."