Lead EA Analyst
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Enterprise Architecture (EA) Lead Analyst plays a pivotal role in driving all the Enterprise Architecture assurance operational processes including the Enterprise Architecture Review Board (EARB) reviews, general communications, training, metrics, and ongoing application portfolio analysis/reporting to help with tracking, rationalization, and application lifecycle planning for the company. The Analyst regularly co-ordinates with stakeholders across the firm and facilitates discussions along with the necessary follow-up as part of these activities. Another important element is continuous improvement to refine and evolve EA processes to ensure they continue to stay efficient and effective.
- Manage all aspects of the EA operational processes including communications, creation/maintenance of dashboards, tracking, management, and data updates for the EA products/platforms (such as Jira, SharePoint, etc.) and connected systems.
- Own the execution of the Enterprise Architecture Review Board (EARB) processes such as planning, communication, co-ordination, and reviews. This includes scheduling meetings, Q&A and other sessions for Domain Architects to be able to perform reviews. Actively partner with the EA team and other stakeholders across the company as part of these activities. Ensure meetings are scheduled and processes followed as required by the EARB charter including the capture and dissemination of minutes and the associated follow up for action items.
- As the subject matter expert on EA processes, conduct training sessions, provide clarifications, and support stakeholder questions on the overall process and use cases.
- On a regular basis, in partnership with the EA team, help analyze and publish metrics and recommendations for MFS' portfolio of software applications/platforms/services including progress updates.
- As needed, analyze and extract data to create reports, graphs, charts for different EA focus areas with details by Business Units, Technology, etc.
- Assist Principal Enterprise Architects and team on projects requiring Information Technology reviews to determine form, fit, and function of incoming technology requests.
- Provide support in the planning, design, configuration, and deployment of continuous improvement of the technology intake processes. Continuously improve the presentation and visualization of information in the EA repositories and ensure information is up-to-date. Improve the processes for maintaining EA data to ensure high quality with minimal manual effort.
- Facilitate the collection, analysis, and prioritization of EA process enhancement requests. Utilize surveys and other mechanisms to gather input from stakeholders, document requirements, and incorporate into process improvement efforts. These include, but are not limited to, business requirements, use cases / user stories, functional requirements, configuration requirements, data and reporting requirements and integration requirements.
- Provide insights and recommendations to the EA team related to the development of new standards and best practices. In addition, provide team coverage in other areas as needed. MFS' job descriptions reflect management's assignment of essential functions, which may be subject to change at any time due to constantly changing business needs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related technical field. Master's degree preferred.
- Seven or more (7+) years of business and process analysis experience in Information Technology preferably in the Investment Management industry. Six Sigma or other process certifications a plus.
- Strong facilitation, project management skills, and proven analytical skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills required with a proven ability to efficiently utilize and manage team resources and communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with presentation and documentation tools such as Powerpoint, Excel, and Visio required. Working knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Sharepoint desired. Experience with BI tools such as Microstrategy and Tableau a strong plus.
- General understanding and exposure to emerging technologies and trends with a strong understanding of systems development lifecycle. Experience with governance and/or Enterprise Architecture processes and tools/methodologies a plus.
- Strong understanding of Application Portfolio Analysis, and the ability to consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
MFS currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except employees who are entitled to an exemption from vaccination as an accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."