Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
Wellington InvesTech Operations - Fund Services, oversees a broad array of funds, including hedge, private equity, offshore, and commingled investment trusts that invest globally across all asset classes. Fund Services is responsible for the accounting, financing, financial reporting, and operations for these funds. This senior role sits within the Fund Control and Operations Team and is responsible for leading the supervision and development of junior members, as well as, handling the critical Fund Control sub-function that comprises fund NAV accounting and performance analysis, fund asset reconciliation, audit, and regulatory support for 300+ Wellington Funds. As a critical component of the role, the incumbent will work closely with Fund Controllers and team managers and will be responsible for vendor management, board reporting and presenting in board meetings, and leading cross functional projects to support Wellington-sponsored Funds. The role requires frequent collaboration with other Wellington teams and external service providers (ex. transfer agency, expense administration, fund administrators, auditors, regulators).
Include but not limited to:
- Lead and continuously evolve the Fund Control sub-function
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert on fund accounting and performance, as well as associated systems and processes
- Plan and manage the work of fund administrators responsible for processing a high volume of transactions and NAVs
- Develop and continually refine or automate NAV controls to scale fund control operations.
- Uphold the control environment and provide strong supervisory oversight across fund control
- Train and supervise more junior members of the team
- Collaborate with team members located in Europe and Asia
- Support other Fund Operations and Control responsibilities as necessary, including fund launches, fund closures, and reporting
- Lead and support initiatives, both large and small, associated with the funds, system infrastructure, and service providers
- College undergraduate degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or business
- 8+ years' relevant experience within a Financial Services firm, ideally an asset manager, hedge fund, or fund administrator
- Very strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- A natural curiosity and desire to expand one's knowledge and role
- A proactive nature in developing and improving processes
- Advanced Excel and Access skills, or a desire to develop them
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, performing multiple tasks and balancing competing priorities
- A client service mindset and strong communication skills
- Progress towards a CPA, CFA, CAIA, or MBA is a plus
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .