Manager, Information Technology
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform.
Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them in order to see real-life results.
Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible.
This position is within our Investment Science Technology team, which is designing our next generation investor platform. We are focused solely on creating the best-in-breed tools used by our investors to conduct research and build portfolios. We build a seamless and cohesive platform across all asset classes. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and work with our investors.
Wellington Management Company is seeking to add a Manager focused on Research Data Analytics and associated technologies. In this role, you will have an opportunity to manage and lead a wide set of initiatives relating to technologies centered around alternative data, AI domains (natural language processing, semantic profiling, modeling), and new technologies.
The primary focus of the role will be to work with the Data Science group in the identification of novel data sets and the application of advanced data analytics and machine learning techniques to enhance investment decision making capabilities. The Manager will be part of a cross-functional team tasked with integrating advanced data analytics techniques into the research process of various teams and disciplines across the firm. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and develop initiatives that incorporate available data sets and associated technologies in enhancing the investment process
- Manage projects in these areas from idea generation and prototyping to potentially validation within the investment community and putting into production
- Act as change agent to assist Wellington data scientists to evaluate and pursue data-oriented research projects to help investors
- Where feasible, identify and pursue opportunities for incorporation of these research ideas into the Information technology strategic platforms
We are looking for a self-directed, hard-working team player. This person must be inquisitive, intellectually curious and capable of managing the demands of multiple projects at one time. They should be a quick study with high energy. This position is appropriate for individuals with strong analytical capabilities, strong written and verbal communication skills, and an eagerness to apply both in the context of a collaborative investment decision-making process.
Specific qualifications for the position are the following:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Strong academic record with an advanced degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, mathematics, or statistics
- Experience working with probability, statistics, time-series and cross-sectional analysis, especially with very large data sets
- Proficiency with one or more modern functional and object-oriented programming languages
- Expertise with software frameworks supporting scientific computing, data management, mathematical optimization, and machine learning
- Effective communications skills, both written and oral
- Curiosity and ability to tackle problems creatively; strong work ethic
- Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize time well
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively in a cross-functional team
- Experience managing people and initiatives
Manager, Information Technology LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .