OTC Derivatives Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
As part of the Derivatives Data group, the OTC Derivatives Analyst position will be primarily responsible for supporting the OTC settlement and post-execution lifecycle event process for all OTC derivative products. This will encompass exception based management of the trade capture workflow, lifecycle event processing, multiple daily reconciliations, and new product implementation for all OTC derivative activity across a suite of applications. The OTC Derivatives Analyst will continually look for opportunities to create efficiencies within the aforementioned tasks through workflow and technology. The OTC Derivatives Analyst will work daily with our Brokers, Trading and Technology teams to ensure timely trade capture in multiple internal systems, processing of lifecycle events (rate resets, account openings, etc.) and resolution of reconciliation issues. The OTC Derivative Analyst position will also work closely with our outsource partner, State Street IMS West.
KEYS TO THE POSITION
- Familiarity with or interest in OTC Derivatives and its lifecycle
- Exposure to back and middle office operations
- Knowledge of trade communication, settlements, equities and swaps are a plus
- Proficiency with Excel (Macros etc.) and SQL preferred
RESPONSIBILITIES Primary responsibilities:
- Management of outstanding trade and reconciliation breaks.
- Daily review of OTC trade communication to ensure that new trades and amendments are captured properly and subsequently communicated to State Street IMS West.
- Serve as an escalation point for resolution of trade communication and settlements queries raised by dealers, State Street IMS West, and client agents.
- Serve as a resource for internal teams handling OTC derivative-related queries and audit requests from clients and their agents.
- Processing exceptional events that impact OTC derivatives positions, including credit events, corporate actions, and client transitions
- Continuously identifying opportunities for improvement
The OTC Derivatives Analyst will be responsible for the life cycle events monitoring and processing (settlements, corporate actions) of OTC Derivatives trades, as well as collateral management. Because of the complexity and manual nature of some functions, the OTC Derivatives Analyst will continually look for opportunities to create efficiencies (automated or manual) in the processing, reporting and reconciliation of derivatives. While the OTC Derivatives Analyst will work in a team-oriented environment, many projects will be self-directed, often under intense deadline pressures.
The successful candidate for this position should:
- Be a self-starter and independent thinker.
- Demonstrate independent judgment and analysis.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills needed to work with the OTC Derivatives team and management.
- Be well organized, motivated, and possess strong problem solving skills.
- Have demonstrated analytical and writing skills, effective communication skills, and a high level of attention to detail.
- Have an undergraduate degree and strong academic record. 0-3 years of relevant industry experience is preferred.
OTC Derivatives Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to r ace, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .