Principal Workday Payroll, Benefits and Compensation Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
This position will be responsible for supporting and enhancing our Payroll, Benefits and Compensation experience on the Workday platform. The right candidate will demonstrate both strong knowledge of core business processes and excellent systems analysis and support skills. The person in this role will collaborate daily with key stakeholders - serving as a critical thought partner - to define, prioritize and execute solutions in Workday.
This is a leadership role responsible for partnering with our functional managers to achieve our strategic priorities of leveraging Workday more and developing "in house" Workday skills on our functional teams. Our objective is to increase operational efficiency through automation, process improvement and faster adoption of Workday features, resulting in the decommission of offline solutions and manual processes.
The person in this role will define and implement processes and workflows to achieve the above goals and secure support from the functional managers. Responsibilities will include regular tracking and reporting on progress and periodic presentation to management.
• Partner with stakeholders to prioritize and plan Workday enhancements
• Manage delivery of approved enhancements: design, configuration, testing, training and release coordination
• Work with functional areas to understand their business needs and translate into Workday configurations
• Support the rollout of new non-U.S. locations
• Support end-user issue resolution through research, testing, scenario re-creation and rework
• Develop reports and dashboards to support current and future business needs
• Assist in the development of Workday skill building within the functional teams
• Oversee Workday semi-annual releases: assessment of release notes, new features and business process impact
• Recommend areas for improvement through process redesign and/or available Workday features
• Serve as Workday SME on vendor implementations and integrations
• Support security administration
• Oversee the documentation of business requirements, functional specifications, test plans and training materials
• Foster Workday relationships and engagement in Workday Community
• 5+ years' experience in a systems role supporting Payroll and HR applications, possessing a strong knowledge of core business processes
• 3+ years' experience with Workday Payroll support required. Knowledge of Benefits and Compensation configuration a significant plus
• Knowledge of non-U.S. payroll 3rd party service providers such as CloudPay
• Excellent report writing skills; matrix, composite reports and dashboards
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skill
• Highly self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities
• Applicable Workday certifications a plus SKILLS JOB TITLE
Principal Workday Payroll, Benefits and Compensation Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .