Quantitative Portfolio Manager
- DOE, Competitive Package
- Boston, MA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- CargoMetrics Technologies LLC
- 06 nov. 17 2017-11-06
CargoMetrics Technologies LLC (CMT) is a Boston-based quantitative investment company. CMT’s portfolios utilize sophisticated systems and models, including patented maritime trade algorithms; CMT is a global leader in maritime trade analytics. We are seeking candidates with outstanding academic credentials and hands-on portfolio and trading experience to join our team of quants, data scientists and engineers. We approach markets from a computer science and technology perspective. We are not a traditional Wall Street hedge fund. We are looking for an individual to help us enhance our portfolio construction and trading processes.
The ideal candidate would have some combination of the following skills:
- Strong technical skills - here we include computer/development skills as well as statistical, econometric and mathematical knowledge.
- Portfolio construction and risk measurement - with an emphasis on long/short, leveraged and commodities/derivatives.
- Trading experience with long/short and levered positions - focus on commodities and derivatives would be a plus.
- Quantitative modeling and security selection techniques.
The appropriate candidate will join and potentially lead a team responsible for day-to-day portfolio management and research.
If you thrive in a collaborative, cutting edge, entrepreneurial environment and are looking for a unique opportunity to join an emerging manager with a highly motivated technical team - this is the perfect opportunity for you.
CMT provides its employees with an aggressive but highly collaborative workplace where employees can share and learn from each other. We remain competitive with our benefits, both monetary and nonmonetary, and we are proud to support not only our employees’ professional lives but also their passions outside of work.
- We prefer a M.S. or PhD from a top tier institution in a quantitative field, such as Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, Operations Research, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related field.
- Experience with systematic, quantitative investment management
- Have intermediate to strong programming skills with a preference for Python, R or similar languages.
- Demonstrated understanding of the factors that drive commodities markets (preferred), equity, currency, and/or fixed income securities.
- Experience trading strategies which include commodity futures currencies (spot and forwards) and global equities (cash).
- Competitive compensation packages
- Non-hierarchical, “team first” working environment
- Pre-Tax Benefits: flexible spending, commuter benefit
- 100% Company paid health and dental insurance with HRA deductible covered, life and disability insurance
- Breakfast/snacks/fruit/sodas/coffee provided daily
- 401 k eligible
- Weekly team lunches
- Office in downtown Boston
CMT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
If you are interested in applying for the portfolio manager position, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Position based in Boston, MA