Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description BASIC PURPOSE :
At MFS, the Quantitative Research Associate Program is designed to allow associates to become fully immersed in the investment management business by working in support of MFS' quantitative research, portfolio management, and investment risk management teams. The Quantitative Research Associates work with analysts and portfolio managers through the development and maintenance of risk management and portfolio construction processes. Quantitative Research Associates participate in research projects aimed at the enhancement of quantitative research tools/systems, quantitative selection models, portfolio construction, and/or investment risk management. In addition, Quantitative Research Associates actively engage with the broader investment team to meet the team's analytical needs. The Quantitative Research Associate Program is designed to be a 2 - 4-year program, where incumbents generally will pursue graduate school or another opportunity inside or outside of MFS at the end of their term. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Address data and analytical requests from the investment department through active engagement and outreach.
- Assist in the development and implementation of disciplined quantitative processes focused on alpha generation, portfolio construction and risk management.
- Effectively communicate results of processes and research within and outside of the quantitative group as appropriate.
- Assume additional projects and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g. Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, or other quantitatively oriented discipline) or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional analytical skills, ability to gather and concisely compile large amounts of information. Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently on complex projects.
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and matrix based programming languages such as R, Python, Matlab preferred. Familiarity with financial data software such as Bloomberg or FactSet is a plus.
- Familiarity SQL
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."