At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
What you will be responsible for: As a Sales Practice Oversight Analyst, you will be responsible for processing non-cash compensation expenses for Regional Sales Representatives in adherence with FINRA, and MFS compliance regulations. You will conscientiously review expenses relating to meetings, entertainment, and gifts. In addition, you will communicate compliance and regulatory issues to the FINRA Principal and the Director Global Supervision.
- Reviews, adjusts, and approves or declines, intermediately complex expenses for Regional Sales Representatives, including travel, entertainment, and gifts.
- Ensures all required receipts and documents are received. Verifies required documentation and approvals are received on all meeting expenses.
- Reviews incoming correspondence and expenses for compliance issues- Applies regulations and guidelines from FINRA, MFS Corporate policy to determine compliance at each level, discusses concerns with FINRA principal and Director Global Supervision. Responsible for identifying expenses that may conflict with said regulations and determining appropriate avenue of decision-making clarification, often independently, but with Director of Global Supervision in situations of higher complexity.
- Communicates with Regional Sales Representatives regarding status of open expense reports; collaborates with compliance on questionable items responsible for solving matters of mid-level complexity.
- Establishes strong relationship with client group and a level of understanding of client groups work responsibilities.
- Receives calls from Regional Sales Representatives concerning expenses, compliance issues, corporate guidelines, budgets, etc. Researches, resolves, and communicates information and policies to the associate independently.
- Manages gift and season ticket tracking and ensures gift ordering reconciliations are being processed accurately and on a timely basis and in compliance with FINRA registration.
- Manages documentation for meeting and events conducted by MFS Event Management by collecting, reviewing, verifying, scanning, and filing documents for recordkeeping. Ensures ACS status has been updated and item has been approved and closed.
- Create communications for quarterly newsletter and any other communication as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required with minimum of one year of business experience, including internships and co-op opportunities, within the financial services industry preferred.
- FINRA Series 6 registration in accordance with MFS's licensing policy preferred.
- Deep level of FINRA regulation, and MFS Corporate Policy understanding.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access Suite.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Organizational and time management skills to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated ability to work independently and exhibit cognitive thinking with interpretation of rules and regulation.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Bi-lingual is desired.
What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.