Senior Fund Research Analyst
- Boston, MA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Fidelity Investments
- 12 déc. 17 2017-12-12
Senior Fund Research Analyst
Do you have an analytical background with a passion for investing and following the market? Do you enjoy conducting fund research? As part of the Investment Services Research team, your research and analysis may help millions of 401k participants retire and live well in their retirement.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree, Masters preferred
- 5-8 years relevant experience desired.
- CFA or progress toward CFA credential is preferred
- Experience as a fund analyst, either in a fiduciary or advisory capacity, with expertise in holdings-based and returns-based analytical tools and processes. Experience with both mutual funds and institutional strategies such as CITs a plus.
The Purpose of Your Role
Reporting into the SVP, Research Director, you will be part of the Investment Services Research team within Workplace Investing. As a Senior Fund Research Analyst, you will be responsible for coverage and due diligence of mutual funds and CITs, creation of thought leadership and thematic client presentations, development of new analytical approaches and processes, and mentoring junior analysts and associates.
The Skills You Bring
- You understand investment products and the manager research process.
- You have a strong intellectual curiosity about the economy and capital markets.
- You understand Global Asset Allocation and portfolio construction.
- You are proficient with market data research tools such as FactSet, Stylus, Morningstar and Bloomberg.
- You enjoy identifying new analytical processes or approaches.
The Value You Deliver
- Providing ongoing coverage of the investment products within assigned peer groups.
- Leading meetings with portfolio managers to discuss investment philosophy, investment process, performance and risk characteristics, with a goal of understanding future performance expectations and the suitability for the funds use in Defined Contribution plans.
- Performing analysis to identify promising funds, conduct thorough research, identify key performance drivers, and make appropriate fund and investment style recommendations.
- Conducting independent analysis of fund performance, risk and holdings using analytical tools
- Identifying "Funds for Discussion" for each peer group comprised of mutual funds and CITs meeting our proprietary screening criteria and qualitative assessment of future performance expectations and suitability.
- Contributing to investment thought leadership including conducting market analysis, authoring or contributing to thematic white papers or client materials, and identification of new analytical processes or approaches.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Investment Services (IS) Research team provides superior fund analysis and investment thought leadership to the investment consulting, product management, and client-facing teams. The IS Research team prepares and distributes analysis of fund performance and investment strategies to assist with investment menu design for the defined contribution plans of Fidelity's institutional clients.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.