Senior Java Application Developer
Senior Java Application Developer, Global Market Electronic Trading Platform Development
Global Link, a division of State Street Global Market, is a leader in providing electronic trading platforms for multiple asset classes. Our platforms are used by 19 of the top 20 largest asset managers to execute trades, as well as manage post trade settlement processes.
The team develops sophisticated electronic trading systems handling hundreds of billions of dollars in AUM. The products are built on Java, Node.js and Oracle on the server side and modern web technologies on the front end. The product suite is expanding both vertically with new features and also horizontally into other businesses and asset classes. We're also in a major re-architecture effort in adopting microservices architecture and AWS/Kubernetes.
The ideal candidate is a senior Java developer with excellent JEE, messaging and database development experience. Knowledge and experience of microservices architecture and Kubernetes is highly desirable, especially for the VP roles. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and 5 or more years of experience in application development.
- Good knowledge and experience with core java 11+ and JEE technologies such as concurrency, JDBC, Spring etc. Expertise with Hibernate/JPA is highly desirable.
- Strong skills with Object Oriented design and code refactoring. Good knowledge and experience of functional and reactive programming (FRP) is highly desirable.
- Write clean and quality code.
- Good knowledge and experience with data modeling and database development (SQL, PL/SQL).
- Good knowledge and experience of microservices architecture and Kubernetes.
- Strong communication skills and work ethics.
- Passionate about professional software development.
- This is a hands-on developer positions within a small elite development team that moves very fast.
- Among all technical skills, core java knowledge and experience as well as OO design skills is preference #1; JEE including JDBC, Spring, JPA/Hibernate #2; Microservices architecture and Kubernetes experience #3.
- Knowledge and experience with messaging (RabbitMQ/Kafka), Redis, websocket is a big plus.
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody to join a cutting edge technology team with a product that is experiencing rapid growth. We offer competitive compensation package and flexible work hour.