Senior Manager-Business Intelligence
The Senior Manager-Business Intelligence is a key resource to leverage business intelligence tools and processes, exhibiting strong strategic and critical thinking skills to execute on Asset Management data driven priorities. Through delivery of insightful analysis, the senior manager is a business partner for one or many business partners to ensure valuable insights are communicated accurately, consistently and effectively. In addition to driving analysis, the incumbent will lead/be accountable for delivering data driven tactical/strategic proposals. Responsibilities
- Manager will make recommendations and perform advanced ad hoc analysis that aligns withe the business priorities. Builds relationships with business partners to understand objectives and priorities- offering suggestions and leadership on commonalities of needs to ensure performance measurement is aligned.
- Utilize team dashboards and analytics to advise management on activity trends and highlight both key performance indicators and leading indicators to optimize the business efficiency. Ongoing consultative resource for future development of tools that optimize business processes and drive momentum on continued utilization.
- Create and participate in the delivery of presentations to internal groups to educate, inform and validate marketplace trends and business strategy. Utilizing business intelligence knowledge, align technology tools to increase efficiency and optimization for key business partners.
- Responsible for managing projects from conception to deployment with both internal business partners and outside vendors. Includes oversight of budget, time and resources to ensure competing priorities are completed in an order that align to business goals, reporting on progress, managing expectations and risk, and ensuring post-implementation benefits are measured.
- May provide leadership, coaching and direction to the business intelligence analyst or senior business intelligence analyst.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in the field of Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or other related technical disciplines.
- 7-10 years' experience working in analytics or relevant field.
- Solid analytical problem solver with the ability to drive data/tech adoption and results, ability to present complex data in an easy to interpret manner.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL capabilities.
- Hands on statistical programing language experience (i.e. R and/or Python) and statistical modeling techniques (i.e. Regression, Classification etc).
- Exposure to CRM and/or Digital Engagement tools (Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Adobe Analytics).
- Masters degree with a focus in Strategy, Marketing, Finance, or Economics.
- Advanced knowledge of financial services industry (asset management specifically) and associated concepts.
- Comprehensive understanding of intermediary business, specific focus on Columbia Threadneedle Investments and related multi-channel structure.
- Project / Initiative management exposure.