Senior Research Analyst, Technology M&A
The Role: Senior Research Analyst, Technology M&A Grade
(relevant for internal applicants only) : 11 The Location: ideally located near New York, Boston or London; remote possible but not preferable. The Team:
451 Research's tech M&A analyst team provides clients with unique, proprietary financial and technical insight to help them do profitable acquisitions. We draw on a number of information sources to help our clients craft and execute their M&A strategies, from target identification through valuation and ultimately post-acquisition integration. Information sources include both internal resources (451 Research's market-leading M&A KnowledgeBase, 451 Research's tech industry analysts, S&P Capital IQ Pro) as well as our broad network of external contacts from across the tech M&A market. The Impact:
Our clients rely on 451 Research's M&A analyst team for strategic and financial insights to take advantages of many of the leading trends disrupting the multitrillion-dollar tech industry, such as cloud computing, machine learning and the broader digital transformation of business. What's in it for you:
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- The chance to become an expert in capital markets, tech M&A and the VC/PE industries, while deepening your knowledge of highly valued sectors of the technology ecosystem.
- Work closely with 451 Research's industry experts to lead forward-looking coverage of financial events - from fundings to exits - in specific tech sectors.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $91.5k - 190.1k Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
- Gather undisclosed M&A valuation metrics (deal value, revenue, EBITDA) from sources in the tech and finance communities.
- Write short-form analysis on developments in the tech M&A market.
- Work with 451 Research's industry analysts to cover the most impactful tech acquisitions.
- Develop forward-looking reports on M&A activity in a variety of highly valued tech categories.
- Maintain an ongoing dialogue with our clients at investment banks, private market investment firms and strategic acquirers across the tech M&A market.
- Become an expert on valuations and deal-drivers in multiple sectors of the tech economy.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Strong communication skills and even sharper writing skills.
- Existing network of sources in tech and finance.
- Foundational knowledge of M&A, venture capital, private equity and US equity markets.
- An understanding of income statements, cashflow statements and balance sheets.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Capital IQ Pro.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
267330 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States