Senior Systems Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Mosaic Prism is Wellington's Enterprise-wide solution to provide curated data from various sources. Prism is a key component in firm's data platform and enables consumers to query data as logical entities and helps navigate relationships between these entities in a predefined path. The team is responsible for enabling the availability and curation of a dataset through Prism.
We are seeking an individual for a Senior Systems Analyst position who can work closely with other members of business, IT to design and implement data domains in Prism. This is a great opportunity for an analyst to join a strong, collaborative data team and apply their investment/data knowledge in a role with leadership and lot of learning opportunities. This position requires an ability to deliver in a fast paced and evolving environment.
This position is based in Boston, MA.
- Liaise with Business and application teams to onboard datasets into Prism
- Analyze requirements for every dataset to optimally expose a data domain into Prism
- Work with business teams, project managers and systems analysts to review business requirements and timelines
- Coordinate with analyst teams and vendors to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing
- Author Prism's data domain design and support documentation
- Work with QA team to ensure test cases are updated in smoke test suite
- 4+ years of experience in asset management industry
- Good understanding of investment data
- Excellent SQL skills and familiarity with various data technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a business-critical production environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability and willingness to work in an energetic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Hold an undergraduate degree in a related subject
Desired Skills and Experience
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Familiarity in cloud technologies, preferably AWS and the ability to debug issues from logs
- Intermediate-level experience in programming languages like Python and visualization tools like Tableau
- Demonstrated understanding of modern source control tools like Git, Source tree etc
- Intermediate-level experience with SQL
- Demonstrated ability in understanding legacy in-house applications and highly-complex, interrelated systems and processing
Senior Systems Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .