Tax Manager - High Net Worth & Wealth Management - Boston, MA
- USD120000 - USD150000 per year + Bonus
- Boston, MA, États-Unis Boston MA US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Michael Page International - US
- 21 juin 18 2018-06-21
Wealth Management firm seeks Tax Manager to join a small, collaborative team of HNW tax professionals. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly reputable firm in Boston, MA.
For over half a century, my client has been an independent wealth manager. They focus on managing the wealth and financial affairs their client base with a highly personalized service. Their clients include individuals, multi-generational families, trusts, foundations and charitable entities. They are Partner owned and managed, a registered investment adviser and have over $2b in AUM.
With high staff retention and low staff turnover, most employees have been with the firm for over 12 years. The tax team is 5 strong, with this being the #2 tax professional in the firm. The expectation is that the successful incumbent will replace the VP of Tax/ Tax Director in the years to come.
The investment management firm has exclusively retained Michael Page Boston to secure their next Tax Manager.
Reporting into the Director of Tax, the position works in a small team of close-knit tax professionals. Tax is very much valued at this firm. They add value in relation to both the tax prep work, and investment and planning activities e.g. weekly investment meetings etc. Main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare tax returns for high net worth individuals, various types of trusts, estates, private foundations and partnerships.
- Work directly with clients, trustees and portfolio managers as part of the tax preparation process and offer tax and financial planning services as needed.
- Prepare all required annual and fiscal year end returns for individuals, gift tax and non-resident alien returns, trusts, estates, private foundations and partnerships
- Calculate quarterly estimated tax payments
- Provide forecasts and projections for individuals and trusts
- Develop short and long term tax and financial plans for clients
- Respond to all federal and state inquiries in a timely manner
- Review trust instruments and assist attorneys with settling estates
- Perform tax research and direct planning projects as needed
- Support tax manager and participate in staff training projects
With high staff retention and low staff turnover, most employees have been with the firm for over 12 years. The tax team is 5 strong, with this being the #2 tax professional. The expectation is that the successful incumbent will replace the VP of Tax/ Tax Director in the longer term.
This opportunity has been exclusively by Michael Page. Submit your resume today and Tom Smith will review within 24 hours. If you are deemed suitable, you can expect a callback within 48 hours of submission. Apply using the associated link today.
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- EA, JD, CPA, CFP or MST
- Relevant experience of working with high net worth clients and trusts
- Ability to work in Downtown Boston
- Prosystem FX is a plus
- $ 120,000 to $ 150,000 total compensation (depending upon relevant experience)
- Downtown Boston location
- Typical 40 hour working week (either 9am to 5pm, or 8am to 4pm), apart from close to tax deadlines.
- 3% match on company 401K plan, with a discretionary match at year end (up to 8% depending upon firm profitability)
- 90% of medical premiums paid by company
- Company pays disability and life insurance premiums
- Generous vacation time.