Technical Application Support
As a Technical Operations team member, you will be part of a global team providing support for the GlobalLink applications. You will be involved in projects, which will optimize the current services as well as work on building the next generation infrastructure to support new initiatives.
Successful candidates will have a broad knowledge across multiple areas of information technology with the ability to quickly diagnose and remediate service issues. We are looking for innovative and enthusiastic candidates who are self-motivated, conscientious and are able to drive projects from beginning to end.
- Provide second level support for the GlobaLink applications.
- Quickly triage and remediate issues across all environments.
- Execute Change Management tasks in Production, UAT and Development environments.
- Contribute towards on-going migration tasks in the areas of Maintainability, Performance, and High Availability.
- Monitor system performance and make recommendations on how to improve performance.
- Must work closely with Engineering and Development teams in order to deliver a highly available and resilient system.
- Assess and enhance our current continuous release and build systems.
- 5+ years of experience using Perl, Python, BASH, or similar scripting language.
- Strong familiarity with web servers (specifically Apache and IHS) and development of CGI scripts.
- Experience supporting a production application.
- Linux system administration knowledge (preferable Red Hat or CentOS).
- Basic knowledge of networking. Load Balancing, NAT, FW, etc.
- Experience working with VMWare ESX Clusters.
- Experience administering continuous integration services and source control systems (Jenkins, Git, SVN, Perforce)
- Experience with other languages (C, Ruby, Java, etc.)
- Experience with running and troubleshooting Java applications.
- Experience running and administering an IBM MQ servers.