Consultant - Technical Implementation / Investment Trading Software, Java, C# and SQL - Charles River Development
What are we looking for
As a Technical Implementation Consultant, you will be an integral player bringing technical expertise and direction to implementation engagement teams, helping to ensure that our clients are implementing the Charles River's IMS suite properly. You must be self-motivated and self-driven; you will be expected to manage multiple technical initiatives potentially on multiple projects simultaneously. Why this job is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
System implementations include all aspects of a consulting project, from installation of n-tier software to DR/HA design, software programming, documenting and performing technical training for the client. Strong written and client interaction skills required. System integrations will involve XML messaging, Charles River web services (SOAP), ETL tools, and database techniques. Result-driven development while maintaining implementation schedules are important characteristics. The potential and ability to advance to be responsible for tracking project progress across junior consultants, allocating resources to projects, and mentoring new hires is expected. What we value
• XML and XSLT
• Understanding of ERDs
• Experience in methodology-based solution delivery and managing customers' expectations
• Problem solving skills and ability to recognize long term solutions across multiple projects
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task
• Self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Detailed knowledge of several of the following technologies: Tomcat configuration and optimization
• N-tier application architecture SOAP/XML and messaging software like MQ Series, Tibco, MSMQ, Sonic MQ and Open JMS
• In depth knowledge of one of the following RDBMS: Oracle, MS SQL Server, Sybase, NoSQL, Python
•Java and C# programming
•Windows and Unix (Solaris and Linux)
•Knowledge of ETL Tools
•Familiar with at least one SCM (Subversion or Perforce would be a plus)
•Strong preference for:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Financial services industry experience
- Previous consulting background
• Minimum of 2-3 years of Financial / Software Services industry background with financial market information systems preferred).
• Bachelor's Degree from a leading university or college in Economics, Computer Science or the like.
• Demonstrated ability to client face at a high level using a hands-on approach.
• Understanding of multi-tier technical architectures and relational database structures.
• Fostered relationships with senior managers in large and small corporations.
• Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Able to differentiate and work at strategic and tactical levels simultaneously. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investments research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experience and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at www.StateStreet.com/careers