Principal Engineer, Data Platform - Charles River Development - Vice President
Who we are looking for
As the Principal Engineer for the Data team, you will drive the design and delivery of best in class cloud native data engineering platform on public cloud. You will lead the design, deployment and maintenance of next gen data platform architecture. The design and implementation of the core ingest, analytics, and warehouse components platform will be one of the primary responsibilities. Along with ensuring operational integrity for enterprise class zero down time platform.
This Engineer should have broad knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies, technology trends. As well as, the ability to work closely with Product and Information Security teams on the design improvements, development, and operation of secure online services. This Engineer will need to be innovative to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services and drive transformation. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. What you will be responsible for
As Principal Engineer, Data Platform you will:
What we value
- Apply technical knowledge to design solutions that meet business and IT needs.
- Build Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, ML Server, BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, etc.) .
- Lead architecture discussions on system of record conversations .
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment .
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates .
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Azure platform .
- Maintain technical acumen and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educating customers on the Azure platform .
- Be an Azure Platform enthusiast with customers, partners and external communities .
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Hands-on experience with Cloud-native data platforms like Snowflake, Sypanse, Redshift etc .
- Experience engineering platform components - data pipelines, data orchestration, data quality, data governance and analytics .
- Experience providing expert level help with event propagation.
- Transactional Consistency including patterns like Saga Patterns .
- Transactional boundaries including API integration .
- Experience with streaming technologies including Kafka , Azure event hub , Azure service bus .
- Experience with transactional recovery including system of record databases .
- Hands on experience with tools like Attunity, Azure databricks, Snowflake, Azure data factory and more.
- Thorough knowledge on containers and microservices framework.
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's preferred
- Minimum of 10+ yrs of overall experience
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers