Lead one or more engineering Scrum teams to build and maintain one or more of Charles River's components or products. Provide engineering expertise for a given product area within the team and across the Engineering organization. Deliver support and assistance to customers and other teams within Charles River. Responsibilities:
- Manage a development team's staff, including assignment of work items, employee performance, engagement and professional development
- Work with Product Owner to design and develop software solutions to meet market need and assist in managing the product backlog for their functional area
- Fulfill the Scrum Master role by leading the team in their Agile development process and working to foster a strong continuous improvement culture
- Identify improvements in team development and quality including defining new strategies, processes, and required tooling to improve quality
- Write, review and approve software development specifications, projects, proposals, methods and schedules
- Provide expert guidance and critical analysis of proposed changes during code reviews
- Advise staff members on complex technical problems including specifying proper software designs and use of existing facilities to solve common problems
- Monitor progress on a variety of initiatives and work packages to ensure fulfillment of product and scheduling objectives
- Review testing strategy and test plans for team's product to ensure high product quality
- Mentor team members to cultivate technical and financial domain knowledge expertise, and assist with developing other essential skills to further their careers
- Work with the client services organization to provide support & maintenance to current customers
- Coordinate with other Scrum teams within the R&D organization to ensure seamless integration of functional workflows
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred
- Required experience deliver enterprise distributed cloud-based software.
- Ideally has enterprise distributed event/messaging experience.
- A minimum of 10-12 years of progressively responsible professional experience in a software engineering role required with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming, compiler or interpreter technologies, embedded systems, operating systems, relational databases (RDBMS), scripting and new/advanced programming languages
- A minimum of 5 years working with an Agile development methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly and succinctly summarize results for upper management
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and running efficient meetings
- Ability to manage solution complexity to ensure simple designs and workflows
- Ability to coordinate and lead cross-team activities
- Strong contributor to project plans and backlog management
☐ Individual Contributor ☒ Team Lead ☐ Manager of Managers Travel:
May be required on a limited basis.