Technical Application Support Engineer - Investment Trading - Charles River Development
What are we looking for
Provide technical application support to Charles River Development (CRD) customers and internal business functions to minimize the adverse impact of incidents and problems on the customer and prevent re-occurrences of issues. Why this job is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
• Analyze problems, answer questions and provide training related to the software.
• Decompose complex issues into primitive components, perform root cause assessment and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Identify and test workarounds for bugs or deficiencies in the software.
• Research issues dealing with third party software used as components of the software.
• Follow a standard set of procedures and methods when responding to customer requests or inquiries.
• Conduct research on questions and issues using available information resources and other product specialists.
• Keep a detailed log of all customer interactions and prepare resolution reports for issues reported by the customer.
• Utilize and administer issue management software according to defined standards.
• Respond to requests for technical assistance via the customer support portal.
• Cross train peers and less experienced staff in product areas as well as how to properly assess and resolve issues.
• Follow all methods and processes guidelines established as standard support operating procedures.
• Meet or exceed customer satisfaction metrics established for the support organization. What we value
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with great attention to detail.
• Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently - achieving results without close supervision - while also operating as part of the larger Support team.
• Demonstrated practical, hands-on, 'can do' approach, able to work efficiently and creatively, effectively managing changing priorities and deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Flexibility with schedule and ability to work beyond regular business hours as needed.
• 3-5+ years' work experience performing one or more of the following:
• Database administration
• Understanding of relational database concepts on specific database platforms such as Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle
• Understanding of operating system principles and general data structures.
• Understanding of three tier application architecture.
• Exposure to one or more object oriented programming language (i.e. C, C#, JAVA, Python). Education & Preferred Qualifications:
BA/MS Degree in a field such as Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technically related field. Also, Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering, Mathematical Finance or another financially related field. Flexibility with schedule and ability to work beyond regular business hours as needed. Travel up to 5% a year. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investments research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experience and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at www.StateStreet.com/careers