Senior Web Developer
Who we are looking for
State Street Associates technology team (Cambridge, MA) is looking to hire a senior web developer to help us build our Enterprise investment research platform and drive the next generation of our web applications. This is a senior-level position for applicants with who are creative, innovative, and passionate for building advanced financial research products with best-in-class solutions. We seek self-driven seasoned professionals with a strong, versatile background in application development, a deep knowledge of modern web standards and techniques, and a desire for solving problems elegantly. What you will be responsible for
As Senior Web Developer, you will
- Build wireframes to visualize UED ideas, and implement POC, prototypes or alike;
- Design, develop, debug and deliver robust web solutions with high maintainability and extensibility;
- Solve complex problems using a variety of web techniques where needed
- What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Authoritative knowledge & hands-on experience of
- Web frameworks such as Angular, Vue.js, Bootstrap, LESS, Semantic UI, etc.;
- Web tools like Git, NPM, Webpack, Yarn, Grunt, Bower, etc.;
- Web libraries including jQuery, underscore.js, Lodash, etc.;
- Server-side web techniques like Node.js, Express, KOA, etc.
- Advanced ability to
- Work independently and solve complex problems elegantly;
- Work well with peers in a fast-paced collaborative environment;
- Communicate effectively with peers and stakeholders
- Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science or relevant field, e.g. Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of full-time experience for Bachelor degree holder or 3 years of full-time experience for Master degree holder.
- Additional requirements
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers