AML Application Development Lead, Vice President
Who we are looking for
State Street's Anti Money Laundering ( AML ) technology team is building out the next generation big data, analytics and machine learning ecosystem to solve challenging financial crime compliance use cases. As part of this journey, we are looking for strong hands on application development lead who can interface with AML and drive solutioning and implementation. What you will be responsible for
As Application Development lead you will
What we value
- Drive feature engineering and Data Engineering solutions through data analysis and discussions with AML.
- Lead an agile team to drive inhouse platform and application buildouts as well as Vendor product implementations.
- Assume end to end delivery ownership from development to Production rollout.
- Collaborate with business, onsite and offshore teams following agile methodology.
- Follow enterprise standards of security, SDLC and governance.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Have an engineering mindset.
- Self-motivated, critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Strong Hands-on large scale, multi-tenant application development experience.
- Effective communication skills to interact with business and senior management.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new tools and technologies quickly.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering
- Minimum 8 years of hands on experience with application development.
- Strong in programing languages such as Java, Scala, Python etc.
- Experience with advanced data science technologies like Hadoop, Spark, SQL and NoSQL.
- Strong data lake buildout experience in public cloud platform specifically in AWS .
- In depth experience of relevant AWS data services such as S3, IAM, Lake Formation, EMR, EC2
- Knowledge of ETL Tools, DEVOPS, Github, ElasticSearch, Graph DB is big plus.
- Experience with Public cloud technologies such as azure, GCP snowflake is plus.
- Knowledge of Finance, Custody services, data privacy, AML and related compliance domain is plus.
This role may require occasional L4 production support and weekend release support. Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers