Blockchain Lead, Managing Director
Who we are looking for
This role will provide the necessary leadership for the strategy and architecture of blockchain and Crypto initiatives for the State Street Digital business. The Blockchain Lead architect will lead the technology strategy and architecture to drive the development of platforms to support post trade execution of crypto trading as well as block chain/crypto based service offerings. What you will be responsible for
As Blockchain Lead, you will
What we value
- Responsible for ideating and innovating new blockchain based solutions which has a strategic fit to State Street customers.
- Work with State Street digital business stakeholders to understand the market and internal requirements.
- Research and identify appropriate blockchain technologies to support the requirements.
- Evaluate blockchain based technology vendors for partnerships, acquisitions, and development for key initiatives.
- Architect end to end solutions in partnership with business and technology divisions.
- Lead the build out of State Street Digital's blockchain based capabilities and crypto related offerings.
- Continually assess the evolving blockchain and crypto echo system and provide insights and findings to executive management and other stakeholders.
- Present on industry forums on behalf of State Street.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead projects and mentor team members based on leadership guidelines.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Visio)
Why this role is important to us
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology;
- Solid understanding of cryptography and encryption.
- 3+ Years of hands-on experience in designing and developing blockchain solutions.
- 10+ years' experience in financial services technology.
- Deep expertise in one or more DLT platforms (eg: Hyperledger Fabric, Ethereum, R3 Corda, Quorum etc)
- Experience managing teams of developers and architects to deliver on emerging technologies.
- Strong experience and background in developing distributed systems.
- Strong experience working on one of the major cloud stacks (AWS, Azure, GCP etc)
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers