Client Implementations, Technology PMO Lead
Who we are looking for
An experienced PMO lead to manage large and complex client onboarding technology projects across the full range of services to Alpha clients. The role is a part of a global, cross-divisional technology group supporting State Street Alpha. It will involve overseeing multiple workstreams covering the full scope of services committed to our clients, developing joint project governance, comprehensive implementation plans, ensuring risk and issues are effectively managed, and projects are delivered on time and to scope. Candidates should have a good understanding of Client Onboarding technology engagements. What you will be responsible for
As Client Implementations PMO Lead you will
What we value
- Lead significant, strategic, complex cross-organizational technology client on-boarding initiatives from pre-sales estimation to delivery
- Oversee and manage workstream costs to agreed budgets including prioritization of budget allocations to appropriate projects
- Work collaboratively with resource managers across STT to ensure the onboarding projects are appropriately staffed across all activities according to approved scope, timeline, and deliverables. Escalate any shortfalls for resolution
- Establish Workstream Governance ensuring it is followed, act as primary interface with Alpha Professional Services teams and Global Technology teams
- Drive internal stakeholders to execute against their tasks and milestones; drive proper executive, and program reporting
- Identify risks and issues ensuring appropriate mitigation/remediation plans are effective
- Establish and manage workstream change management process
- Monitor all work streams and activities leveraging standard tools and established processes. Be responsible for adherence to project costing, time tracking, and management tools such as JIRA, CA PPM etc.
- Support rollout of such tools across various teams in the Alpha client lifecycle process
- Identify inefficiencies in delivery model/ processes/builds, and facilitate improvements by streamlining and standardizing approaches
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Leadership and ability to bring together and influence teams across different levels and disciplines within the organization
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strategy and solutioning skills
- Experience in managing large scale, multi-location projects, across multiple business lines and corporate functions
- Culture traits - Choose to own it, Break through Silos, Deliver results through integrity
Why this role is important to us
- BA/MS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Finance
- Minimum 5 years PMO/Program Manager or Professional Services experience
- Minimum 7 years IT/financial services experience
- Proficient in Project Management Tools such as JIRA, CA PPM (Clarity) or other tools
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence, and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems, and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers