Cyber Security Vulnerability Analyst
Who we are looking for
State Street seeks to recruit a Cyber Security Analyst to enhance our automation of vulnerability management, analyze results and provide relevant reporting to stakeholders. This position requires database and scripting experience, organizational skills, analytic skills, quick reaction, attention to detail and technical expertise to protect the bank's assets. Join us to protect State Street, its customers and partners from the ever evolving and sophisticated global threat actors What you will be responsible for
As a Cyber Security analyst you will
What we value
- Be proficient in database and scripting languages
- Assist with asset inventory reconciliation
- Collaborate with remediation teams for process improvement opportunities
- Automate existing processes as appropriate
- Enhance operational metrics
- Centralize reporting
- Work closely with business units to understand people, process, and technology in order to build effective vulnerability management strategies
- Deliver integrated capabilities across various sub-disciplines within the fusion organization, Global Cyber Security and Global Technology Services
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to consider short term and long term implications of a recommended solution
- Ability to automate and script tasks using your preferred programming language
- Ability to utilize and write scripts against common web APIs
- Ability to make difficult decisions in unique situations, present recommendations under pressure to senior leadership and to cross-functional teams that my have conflicting positions
- Knowledge and understanding of structuring complex data across varied data sources
- Strong organizational, task switching, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work independently and solve challenging problems while collaboration with stakeholders
- Knowledge and interest in current vulnerability related trends
- Attention to detail
- Driving to results
- Strategic thinking
- Collaboration and influencing
- Working professionally with confidential information
- Advanced presentation skills, both orally and written
- Ability to work well with others and under pressure
- Demonstrated professionalism in approach to communicating ideas and solutions in simple language to team members, senior leaders and business partners
Why this role is important to us
- 4+ years experience with database development
- 2+ years experience implementing scripting solutions
- 2+ years of related experience, specifically in IT Engineering, Security Operations, Cloud Security and enterprise vulnerability remediation
- Experience with cloud security controls and monitoring
- Experience with enterprise-wide technical solution implementations
- Security certification a plus
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers