Junior Automation Engineer
Who we are looking for
As a Junior Automation Engineer within the global Platform Engineering Team, your main responsibility will be the delivery and transformation of State Street's infrastructure towards a software designed platform, administered by codebases.
We would like the person to be passionate about automation development and if not, have aspirations to become an SME and we will help you get there. This role will provide you with the opportunity to help us change our culture and drive change across the organization. Together we will try and work on improving and scaling automation both internally and in the cloud for an enhanced user experience, one we can be proud of.
We offer flexible working and remote working options and don't expect you to be in the office 5 days a week, but can if that is what you prefer. Upon submission and acceptance of your CV we will look to communicate with you quickly and recruit via a panel, which if you're right, the job offer will come quickly. We realize that waiting or never getting a response is not a wanted part of applying for a new job.
The below is what we are looking for but you may not have it all, we will expect you to learn and bridge the gaps of which we have a great learning platform called Degreed, with a wide range of learning materials and sources for you. We are creating an, "above the line" culture and we need people to think like this. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Develop in coding languages such as Python or/and YAML
- Use your knowledge of the technologies you'll be automating on, UNIX, Windows, Storage, Networking to create Ansible Playbooks replacing manual work
- Help us build an API connected platform for automation
- Communicate and help grow a vibrant automation community across the enterprise
- Build and maintain strong relationships across internal customers to build the requirements and framework
- Help us to build an automation product catalogue for our customers to order from
- Enjoy working in Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum
- Be passionate about driving change through an organization
- Never accept what we have is good enough, always look through analysis and monitoring of our estate to protect our assets
Why this role is important to us
- You realize collaboration and relationship building is key to getting things done but is also good for you
- You're passionate about what you do and proud of what you have achieved so far, but you want to do more
- You want to learn to further your technical but also personal skill sets
- You do have proven experience working in an environment that has complicated and difficult problems to solve
- You are not afraid to try new things, it may be good, it may not work, but at least you tried and we learned together
- You take accountability, think big, start small and own it - be ambitious but understand that we need to work iteratively to achieve the best results
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers