Network Automation Engineer I, AVP
Who we are looking for
The Network team is interested in adding a network automation engineer to our team. Your goal is to be one of the contributors to the global network team and assist with the transformation to an automated network and security environment. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a global organization and participate in the development of the next generation network automation architecture. Ideal candidates will have well-rounded knowledge of programming languages, cloud automation, python, ansible and basic networking knowledge. What you will be responsible for Essential Job Functions
What we value
- Asynchronous programming development experience
- Cluster/cloud infrastructure management experience
- Distributed & Fault tolerant system design
- Knowledge of source code management systems, version control tools and developing web services
- Work with other developers to design and implement features in support of established security and acceptance criteria
- Interface with the core network engineering, and DevOps teams as necessary
- Ability to develop and document standards and train others
- Ability to effectively multi-task different testing assignments and projects.
- Work within an iterative software development lifecycle, following Agile development processes
- Ability to work with a variety of infrastructure technologies and third-party products.
- Experience using Restful APIs to integrate various technologies
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent analytical skills, work ethic and communication
- Basic familiarity with network devices, load balancers and firewalls
- Conduct research, testing and evaluations on network automation solutions
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills
Additional requirements Why this role is important to us
- Bachelor degree
- Proficient in Python
- Experience with Red Hat Ansible and YAML
- Solid experience with of web data formats including JSON and XML
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers