Client Operations Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defense for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
A Clearing Services role offers an opportunity to directly interface with the world?s largest derivatives exchanges and equity markets. As the market place is fast-paced and ever-changing, this high profile position provides real life experience relative to support Sales and Trading. It is an innovative and dynamic environment where individuals share a common set of values and bring excellence and integrity to everything they do.
- Ensuring that all steps (Commissions, Interest profiles) as part of the Client On boarding process are set up in the relevant systems as well as all Give Up agreements are executed in line with the instructions from the firm customers, counterparties and traders
- You will be responsible for controlling exchange & clearing trading fee related expenses
- Interact with internal controllers, technology other Operations groups and traders to resolve any trade related issues
- Interaction with Exchange & CCP contacts to resolve issues / raise queries
- Ensure the completion and delivery of all business unit and client requirements associated with timely updates of Fee and commission schedules and related queries.
- Partner closely with Technology, Risk and Change Management teams Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Futures industry experience preferred; working for a Broker dealer and well versed with the Listed Derivatives markets preferred.
- Exposure to core reference data related activities around fee and commission schedules.
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to work across Global departments to build credibility and strong relationships
- Understand and adapt to Regulatory and Industry change
- Ability to analyze data to determine root causes of problems