Client Operations Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Derivatives Clearing Operations is responsible for the front to back operations related to the clearing of all eligible derivative products via a central clearing house (CCP) / exchange. Primary responsibilities for Derivatives Clearing Ops include trade capture, client onboarding, collateral management, and client service. In addition, the team is responsible for the implementation of solutions to support new product and client offerings.
There is currently a permanent position available within the Derivatives Clearing Ops Client Service Group. The successful candidate will be working in a dynamic and challenging environment, covering day-to-day client service and collateral processing inclusive of daily controls.
Function / Roles and Responsibilities:
The individual will be working within a dynamic team, responsible for client support, participation in developing and testing new functionality / product offerings, and related controls across listed derivative futures and options transactions. The role requires coordination and communication with various internal and external stakeholders inclusive of direct client interaction. Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree - analytical or financial related subject favored
- Experience with derivative products
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to communicate clearly and concisely, moderating style and delivery to suit different parties and media
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Desire to develop and maintain client relationships
- Ability to stay organized, multi-task, keep track of multiple outstanding items and meet tight deadlines
- Robust analytical skills
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and risk awareness
- Dynamic self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as be a solid team player
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Sharepoint)
- 5 to10 years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of the Cleared Derivatives model and its exchange related requirements
- Strong operational background with emphasis on risk management and process improvement
- Managing client relationships on a day-to-day basis providing service to internal as well as external clients
- Ability to balance project deliverables with daily processes