Research Associate, Commercial Banking
What is the opportunity?
Responsible for fundamental analysis of companies in the Commercial Banking sector. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Typically the entry level position for an employee
- Assist in the development and detailed modeling of company specific financial models
- Coordinate, generate and maintain research reports, presentations and databases
- Provide research support to analyst as required
- Incumbent is in the process of developing core Research Associate skills
- Develop an expertise in the Commercial Banking sector
- Support and answer client queries as they relate to the sector
- Proactively identify operational risks/ control deficiencies in the business
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions promptly
What's in it for you?
- Undergraduate degree or similar qualification with a focus on Business, Mathematics or other quantitative fields
- Previous exposure to capital markets or 1-2 years of experience within the Commercial Banking sector a definite asset but not specifically necessary
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong PC skills specifically in Microsoft Office applications and sourcing data from the internet and various technology publications
- Superior customer service focus and attitude for internal and external clients
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Commitment to task and an attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task responsibilities
- Self starter - must be organized and able to work independently
- Good personal skills and the ability to work and coordinate effectively within a team environment
- NYSE Licensing Requirements - Series 7, 63, 86, 87
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .