Principal Audit Manager
Our client is a leading consumer and commercial bank with operations across the United States. There is currently an opening for an Audit Manager to assist with the build out of their internal audit function in Detroit, Michigan.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work closely with the Chief Audit Executive to establish internal audit processes, frameworks and policies - and to provide leadership and direction for junior member of the audit team.
This opportunity will also give the successful candidate a highly visible role in the organization - exposure to C-suite stakeholders and other business leaders. They will also have a direct link to the bank's various regulators.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Developing a strong internal audit framework and audit plan - driving best practices in the group.
- Interacting with senior stakeholders in the business and establishing strong relationships.
- Direct line management for junior auditors in the team, overseeing their learning and development plan.
You will have:
- Approximately 6+ years' experience in an internal audit or advisory function, or a combination of both.
- Banking internal audit experience and a deep understanding of banking internal controls.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to multitask on various deliverables in the group.
- The desire to take a leadership role, leading by example of what audit best practices entails.
This is a rare opportunity for an internal auditor to take a critical role in a growing audit function and play a part in its evolution.
For a discreet conversation on this opportunity, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-349-3225. Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this opportunity.