ETL Lead Developer
- Minneapolis, MN, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
- 18 mai 19
About Ameriprise:With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
Contribute to software development activities by developing, documenting, testing, modifying and maintaining new and existing Informatica software applications. Apply standard techniques, procedures, and reuse criteria to the development life cycle. Bring specific applications and technology expertise to the specification and design development process as required. Create system and operating documentation. Receive technical guidance from Solution Architects and Design Engineers. Ensures that capability, flexibility, scalability, performance and reliability objectives are met or exceeded for a variety of small to mid-size projects. In collaboration with the team and vendor/contractor resources, onshore and offshore, ensure viable designs, flawless execution, and seamless transition into the production environment.
Major Areas of Accountability:
* Software Development/Programming ~~ Maintenance & Documentation ~~ Testing & Testing Support ~~ Analyze Performance ~~ Application Subject Matter Expertise ~~ Support
* Write new code using prescribed specifications and design documentation in accordance with programming standards. Modify, test and troubleshoot existing programs/software utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and development/programming technology. Analyze end user data and business needs to format final product and ensure user-orientation and optimization of program/system performance. Contribute program and domain knowledge to feature and functionality planning.
* Maintain and modify programs/software. Implement approved changes by amending flow charts, developing detailed programming logic, and making changes to code. Write and maintain development/programming/systems documentation, as well as operations and user guides (as required). Document development/programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
* Effectively unit test all code and programs prior to releasing them to the quality assurance team. Resolve all unit test issues in a timely manner. Assist the quality assurance team in identifying test cases and in creating/mining test data to enable a thorough test of all development deliverables. Respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner as the developed code/program moves through the testing process and ultimately into production. Provide implementation/production support as required.
* Analyze performance of programs and make recommendations to correct deficiencies. Provide input into decisions regarding prolonging application life or replacing. Confer with senior development team members to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Participate in resolution of questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
* Evaluate and understand simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one application would impact or cause unwanted results in a related part of that application or other applications/systems. Lend knowledge of assigned application(s) to other members of the technology and business teams to ensure understanding of interrelationships and dependencies. Participate in solution design to ensure quality and minimize impact on other applications and business processes.
* Support the installation planning for application program requirements. Support the end-user and technical operations staff as required. Assist senior development staff with the integration of technology within and across the capability domains.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience.
* 1-3 years of relevant experience.
* 1-3+ years of experience coding in relevant programming languages (specific required languages will vary by position), gaining an understanding of programming procedures and best practices.
* 1-3+ years of experience developing and maintaining programming/systems documentation and technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
* First level knowledge and demonstrated technical ability to code in multiple environments.
* Basic understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC).
* 1-2+ years of experience processing computer data and formatting and generating reports.
* Effective oral and written communication skills along with logical, analytical and abstract thinking skills.
* Experience and comfort working in a multi-sourced, multi-vendor environment.
* TWS Maestro Scheduling, Unix Shell Scripting
* Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica PowerExchange, Informatica Data Analyst, Unix Scripting, Relational Database Management.