General Counsel's Organization-Leadership Development Program
The Leader Development Program consists of a variety of corporate responsibilities in the applicable business unit. Assignments in the training program are based on the company's needs and the candidate's background, skills, and interests. Upon successful completion of the training program, trainees have the opportunity to post into a regular position where they can apply the knowledge they have gained and assume greater responsibilities. Responsibilities
The Ameriprise General Counsels Organization (GCO) is comprised of over 400 employees globally and includes the legal, compliance and regulatory functions that support Ameriprise Financial and its subsidiaries. It's responsible for helping business partners mitigate and manage legal, compliance and security risks to the firm.
As part of the GCO Leadership Development Program, employees will gain exposure to a broad range of business initiatives, along with developing direct experience in three of the following areas, each lasting six month:
• Investment Compliance
• Code of Ethics
• Compliance Communicates Review Group
• Products and Surveillance
• Field Office Inspections and Policy
• Supervisory Controls
This program provides a strong understanding of the GCO organization and a solid network of colleagues from across the company, positioning participants for success and placement in a role in one of the areas described above.
Responsibilities may vary depending on assigned project and may include:
• Participating on project teams responsible for implementing new programs
• Recommending and leading enhancements to existing processes
• Creating, updating and managing review processes for new/existing communications
• Drafting and maintaining project plans and status reports
• Capturing and tracking project issues and assisting with resolution Required Qualifications
• Current seniors pursuing a 4-year undergraduate program
• Excellent academic performance; a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
• Commitment to complete the full 18-month Leadership Development Program
• Previous Internship Experience
• Current seniors pursing a Bachelor's Degree including (but not limited to) Political Science, Communications, or Finance Preferred Qualifications
• Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization-with team members, managers, and senior leaders.
• Demonstrated ability to pick up new concepts quickly.
• Demonstrated influencing skills with the ability to drive results.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership ability.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Dynamic interpersonal and consultative skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
Ameriprise Financial does not offer internships for students with F-1 visas.