Senior Manager Credit Pledge Lending
Lead the Ameriprise Bank, FSB Credit function and manage portfolio credit risk for the Pledged Asset/Securities-Based Lending product. Provide Credit decisioning (underwriting) for non-core Pledged Asset Lines of Credit and manage credit policy. Liaison between Credit and Product teams working with bank partners to create and manage seamless credit decisioning (underwriting) and portfolio management processes. Responsibilities
- Lead implementation of the credit decisioning (underwriting) function and for all Pledge Lending underwriting transactions within the FSB.
- Manage the efficient and effective operation of Pledge Lending credit function and establish the operating and compliance policies and procedures for the Pledge Lending credit underwriting function. Update as necessary due to changing regulations. Own the bank's Pledge Lending Credit Policy. Ensure implementation and compliance with policies and procedures. Ensure prompt turnaround time on credit decisions (underwriting).
- Partner with product management in the development of Pledge Lending loan products, providing expertise on underwriting standards. Serve as a liaison to other functional areas and internal business partners for Pledge Lending loan underwriting.
- Monitor overrides, policy exceptions, etc. to ensure operations are within established guidelines. Produce reports to identify opportunities for improved productivity, profitability, and expense control. Participate in various meetings and on various committees.
- Daily risk monitoring responsibilities in conjunction with Bank partner: Low equity risk monitoring, book and account level concentration risk monitoring, pre-maintenance call identification and resolution, Maintenance call identification and resolution, exceptional portfolio risk event identification and reporting (Liquidations (NOEC), Default, Bankruptcy, etc.). Monitoring and investigation of loans in "Frozen" status.
- Monthly Reporting to the Chief Credit Officer: book level metrics (e.g. credit limit, loans outstanding, LTV, maintenance calls, etc.), loan level metrics (e.g. loans in pre- and maintenance call status, lines in "Frozen" status), exceptional portfolio risk event summary (e.g. forced liquidations (NOEC), defaults, bankruptcies, etc.).
- Non-Core Loan review and decisioning per outlined policies and procedures: credit line size exceeding $25M, exceptions to standard collateral terms at the time of loan origination, applicants not meeting required underwriting criteria during loan origination, regulatory checks (Regulation O).
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7+ years Securities-based lending / Asset-based lending / Pledge lending experience.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with or lead across the organization and at all levels to drive results.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills using data to identify trends and issues and potential ways to solve the issue.
- Experience with assigned product, including understanding of compliance rules and regulations for product and industry.
- Exceptional credit decisioning (underwriting) abilities and experience with assigned product type.
- Ability to identify, measure, monitor, and control credit risk of assigned product and portfolio.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.