Service and Operations Intern
An intern should expect to contribute individually and/or as a team member to support the Service & Operations organization, analyze business processes, and work towards goals and objectives assigned by experienced managers and directors. Interns will also interact with a variety of business partners and participate in projects that directly impact business value.
During the program, the intern will learn about the Ameriprise corporate structure and how the Service & Operations organization impacts other areas of the firm. The intern will participate in projects and processing that will generate meaningful work product through use of a variety of tools, including the Microsoft Office suite. Responsibilities
• Participating on project teams responsible for developing solutions for opportunities within the department to enhance the advisor and client experience.
• Gain familiarity with the applications and tools used at Ameriprise to conduct day-to-day business.
• Understand the business support and technological infrastructure necessary to operate the Service & Operations business.
• Participate in one of the Service & Operations departments , such as:
-Advisor, Client, and Employee Experience
-Service Tool and Workflow Design
-Vendor Management Required Qualifications
• Applicant must be a junior currently pursuing a bachelor's degree majoring in business or similar major (Management, Economics, or Supply Chain preferred).
• Minimum 3.0 GPA.
• Demonstrated leadership ability Preferred Qualifications
• Displays excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrates strong computer proficiency including a good working knowledge of MS Office.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to create and maintain effective work teams.
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, teamwork, and time management skills while maintaining an attention for detail.
• Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas.
• Enjoys non-routine daily activities.