SharePoint Collaboration Operations Engineer
The SharePoint Collaboration Engineer will be a member of Enterprise SharePoint team supporting SharePoint, OneDrive, Power BI, and other Office 365 capabilities at Ameriprise.
Your role will analyze business problems, develop strategies and solutions leveraging current and new technologies, followed by the implementation of the designed solution. In addition, your role will provide support and guidance for our internal users working collaboratively with them to develop, implement, and support their solutions. Responsibilities Design
- Independently perform moderately difficult assignments in the design, development, detailed configuration, integration and support of existing and future technologies within assigned technical area of expertise.
- Responsible for planning, designing, reviewing and approving robust, stable, scalable and manageable designs.
- Perform problem diagnosis, initiate problem resolution and provide ongoing life-cycle support for technology deployments and upgrades.
Delivery & Documentation
- Recommend, deploy, and document strategies and solutions for software/hardware/network engineering problems/incidents based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements and existing technologies.
- Independently identify key issues, patterns and deviations during the analysis.
- Recommend robust solutions utilizing pragmatic judgement, creativity, and in-depth technical knowledge and evaluation that comprehensively meet the needs of the business.
Troubleshooting & Incident Management
- Create and maintain documentation of detailed design documents, diagrams, engineering specifications, build changes, models, troubleshooting and support guides, systems metrics, and overall project information (including key deliverables).
- Responsible for development of solutions along with the technical correctness and completeness of engineering designs and artifacts.
- Ensure that build activities are completed per engineering diagrams that were drafted and approved for the project.
- Redirect build activities as needed.
- Perform moderately difficult and independent assignments in the troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, problem resolution and ongoing production support for one or more technologies within the technical area of expertise.
- Responsible for designing, reviewing, approving and deploying robust, stable and manageable solutions while minimizing hardware/software/network downtime.
- Provide on-call support.
Proactive Monitoring & Preventative Maintenance
- Utilize performance data and historical metrics to effectively: plan for growth needs; plan upgrades, migrations, optimizations and new implementations; identify and resolve efficiency issues; and
- Periodically assist in the procurement, configuration, and integration of new technologies.
- Improve overall functionality.
Leadership & Partnerships
- Ensure the up time and response time SLAs/OLAs for services are met and or exceeded.
- Pro-actively monitor the stability and performance of various technologies within area of expertise and takes appropriate corrective action prior to an incident or problem occurring.
- Ensure regular maintenance is performed as required in the environment.
- Actively collaborate with fellow members of the team and contractors/vendors on bridge calls to prevent or resolve incidents/problems in an expeditious manner.
Processes, Standards & Best Practices
- Manage effective relationships and works in partnership with leadership, team members, vendors, and contractors to deliver robust technical solutions ensuring that service level commitments and project time lines are maintained.
- Participate in PoCs and provide input in the continual refinement of processes, policies, and best practices to ensure the highest possible performance and availability of technologies.
- Create, maintain, and update documentation of detailed design documents, diagrams, engineering specifications, build changes, models, troubleshooting and support guides, systems metrics and Standard Operating Procedures as required to ensure operational excellence.
- Continuously develop specialized knowledge and technical subject matter expertise by remaining apprised of Industry trends, the direction of emerging technologies, and their potential value to the business
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience required.
- 5-7 years proven engineering expertise within the subject matter domain.
- Ability to support working outside of normal business hours to provide after hour or "on-call" support when necessary to solve high profile incidents/problems.
- Highly innovative problem solver with strong analytical and customer service abilities.
- Ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels.
- High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand complex operating environments.