Sr. Manager, End User Computing Operations
Provide operational leadership and direction to technology operations team(s) of significant scope/impact (employees, contract personnel and vendor partners) dedicated to portfolio(s) of technical business applications and/or services, including: operational maintenance, production support, front-line management of incidents, development support, and proactive/preventative analysis (to include solution ideation, recommendation and implementation). Serve as point-person and operational expert for issues, needs and projects regarding or related to multiple areas of responsibility. Responsibilities
- Participate in the change management process to approve technology and service changes; ensure balance between business need and impact/risk. Establish technology/service goals and reporting needs. Participate in transition of technology and services into production support. Develop and/or oversee development of call scripts, monitoring procedures and break/fix documentation. Collaborate on system health evaluations to address performance issues and establish action plans (internal and/or vendor).
- Provide oversight and leadership to technology operations team(s) (including employees and contract personnel/vendor partners and their resources). Delegate work to ensure effective execution of team/function deliverables. Ensure knowledge transfer and cross-training of team(s) to effectively support the business. Develop and maintain a high-performing team(s) through effective hiring, vendor partner management, coaching and performance management. Champion policies and standards.
- Provide insight into operational requirements and funding conversations. Participate in the budget and project planning process by providing accurate estimates of work, resources required, scope and cost as it relates to area of responsibility. Review vendor/supplier invoices, as applicable, to ensure services provided/business activity translates accurately to spend.
- Primary contact for assigned function(s)/portfolio(s). Monitor and perform routine performance/service-level audits to ensure optimal utilization. Execute scheduled and unscheduled operational maintenance tasks. Develop processes, work streams and maintenance schedules. Ensure escalation processes in place and utilized. Collaborate with technical teams, business partners, and vendors to advocate for assigned services/technologies, ensuring stable operations/production environment.
- Provide end-to-end oversight of critical incidents. Coordinate efforts of support teams (internal and/or vendor) to drive service restoration targets. Liaise with technology teams to develop corrective action or workarounds to resolve incidents. Ensure action plans are in place to address recurring issues, including escalation and effective hand-off to other technology teams as required. Ensure compliance with incident management processes and procedures. Provide on-call support.
- Primary day-to-day liaison with suppliers and vendors for assigned portfolio(s) of applications/services. Monitor, review and report on progress against technology goals/needs (metrics and measures). Provide feedback based on execution and delivery of services. Work with vendors, technology and the business to establish and review service level agreements/objectives (SLA/Os). Work in conjunction with vendors to ensure service commitments are maintained.
- Maintain a broad understanding of business, business needs, and how assigned technologies drive and support the business.
- Driving an aggressive, innovative, and forward thinking approach, independently perform complex assignments in the design, detailed configuration, integration and upgrade of existing and future technologies within the End User Computing and Collaboration disciplines. Plan, design, review and approve robust, stable, scalable and manageable designs. Perform problem diagnosis, initiate problem resolution and provide top tier, ongoing life-cycle support for new technology deployments and upgrades.
- Manage effective relationships and work in partnership with leadership, team members, vendors, and contractors to deliver robust technical solutions, ensure service level commitments and project time lines are maintained. Provide technical expertise, leadership, direction and prioritization of work to team members ensuring successful project implementation and outstanding service delivery. Mentor, coach and contribute to the development of peers and other team members.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience required.
- 4+ years of direct people management experience with a team of technical employees and vendor partner resources.
- 5-7+ years of broad technical experience with proven expertise in a majority of the following areas: servers, networks, hardware, operating systems (Windows, UNIX, Mac, Linux), virtualization software, middleware and related base build infrastructure and software.
- 4+ years of experience and proven success identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement to configurations, procedures and process to enable greater availability, capability and efficiency.
- Experience and subject matter expertise in the web and distributed computer environment, as well as mainframe experience.
- Certifications preferred: ITIL Foundation
- Ability to support working outside of normal business hours to provide after hour or "on-call" support when necessary to solve high profile incidents/problems.
- Highly innovative problem solver with strong analytical and customer service abilities.
- Ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels.
- High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand complex operating environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa.
- Excellent problem detection and determination skills in multiple functional infrastructure/application areas.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven experience creating, championing and maintaining processes, procedures and policies.
- Experience working in the financial services industry or other similar, highly regulated environment.
- Implementation and/or operational experience in a wide range of End User technologies and capabilities such as Windows OS, MacOS, VMWare, Citrix, browser technologies, desktop utilities and end user productivity applications.
- Previous experience with Cloud computing and collaboration technologies such as cloud device management, Office 365, WebEx, cloud end user security solutions, Box, Slack, Teams, etc.
- Previous experience working with wide range of stakeholders to define new solutions, fully leverage existing solutions where appropriate, and continuously drive forward a user experience driven methodology.
- An ITIL Foundation Certified candidate is preferred.